1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bathurst 12 Hour | 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Anybody watching? Qualy is live.

2. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I plan on it.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Qualy was fun. And the Brabham demonstration laps. That thing is wicked fast and sounds incredible. Love that car! NismoTv streamed everything. GTWorld has the top ten shootout up.

4. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

The group raced Bathurst in iRacing.
    Quite the crashable track :)

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Last year had a bad one. Look up "200km crash Bathurst"

I also saw a guy loop it and manage not to touch a wall on the mountain. It was a miracle.

NismoTv is streaming now btw.

7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

This just got interesting....

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That was terrific! The pass on the mountain was unbelievable. The Campbell kid will have his phone ringing off the hook. And what about Nissan being id10ts? Threw it away.

9. Venom51

That was some of the most brilliant racing and also dumbest decision making I have ever seen. I didn't wait around to see what penalty would be assessed to the Bamber Porsche crew. Was it big enough to affect the results? The 999 car was doing amazing things on that shit set of tires on the car. Good talent behind the wheel of that thing as well.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

No penalty.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

They were saying in the broadcast it has a Ford engine?

13. Venom51

That dude wasn't even trying hard. That was a long, long coast into turn 2. There's another 1 to 2 seconds in that car.

14. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I had the same impression when I watched the video, but thought it may be because it's a downhill braking zone. :confused: I'm not familiar with the track though so I have no idea.

15. Venom51

The braking zone is flat and starts the uphill portion of the track. The 200 foot board is within where the track starts rise. He was coasting as soon as he crested the hill. He wasn't even to the 200 board when he got on the brakes. It almost looks like he forgot to get some heat into them on the out lap. You can see him stomping on them.

He put some effort into the run over the top of the hill but was gentle on the way down. It's a fast car though no doubt about that.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It was a demo. I believe they did some laps earlier in the week also. An all out time attack would knock some more off that time.