1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some cat advice

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 29, 2019.

1. joec

joec brace yourself

Man, I've been following this thread. I just felt like there was nothing I could say. Just hoping you can get things resolved and can get your dude back in shape. God knows I've posted enough info about my little jackass here. And no question the members here might actually be bigger animal lovers than they are motorcycle enthusiasts.

Bait's pulling for you! IMG_76641.jpg IMG_76631.jpg IMG_76661.jpg

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Bait is awesome

joec likes this.
  3. joec

joec brace yourself

Thank you. They all grow on you. The companionship they provide is really priceless Bait's definitely unlike any other cat I've had.

4. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Bait doesn't look overly stressed lol

joec and G 97 like this.
  5. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I put a video in the Youtube thread for the kitty peeps. If you watch it don't blame me for it sticking in your head lol.

6. VintageWannabe

VintageWannabe Diggin Deep

I'm genuinely curious why a lot of people feel it's better to put a pet down when they're in this situation. Why is it ok with a pet, when it's not with a human? I don't think most of us would have the same response if "Grandpa" was put in place of "Cat" in this thread. You wouldn't put Grandpa down, just because he had a stroke and couldn't get out of bed. You'd let him live out his natural life, and pass away naturally. Even though he has a low quality of life.

I'm not all about spending a bunch of futile money on a dying pet, but I also don't want to kill them before their time. Why is this different between pets and people for so many people? Serious question..

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'd put Grandpa down way faster than my cat. He was kind of an asshole. :D

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Be nice to Lawson.

9. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Dude, Bait is a chick magnet. What a chill ass cat.

10. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I had a response typed up but don't think we need to discuss this in this thread and I think it would go dungeon pretty quickly.

NemesisR6 and I'm with Stupid like this.
  11. Harry Reynolds

Harry Reynolds Well-Known Member

I just had to put my 17 year old superstar Agent Orange to sleep last week. It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. It was time, but I didn't want to hear it. He had some type of stroke as well and had lost his sight and hearing. It's amazing what a huge part of your family they become. I hope your cat recovers. cat.jpg

Shenanigans, ToofPic, pfhenry and 2 others like this.
  12. „You‘re going to die for that.“ - Thor

13. Same here. Let’s just say that active euthanasia of humans is illegal in the US.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Wrong forum to be asking this question... :crackup:

15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

These threads and posts always hit me right in the feels...:(

16. VintageWannabe

VintageWannabe Diggin Deep

Well I posted it over there, if you want to resurrect your response

17. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Agent Orange might be the best cat name I've ever heard.

Unfortunately we have a scheduled put down date of whenever we feel like it next week for da prehhgh kitten(very odd feeling)
    Quality of life became a subject at the vets and she is spending the weekend there before returning home one last time(also extremely odd)

18. joec

joec brace yourself

Oh not fun.:-(

19. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Bait is laid out like he's making a web in that 2nd photo lol

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Sorry for your kitten :(