1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some cat advice

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 29, 2019.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Either she knows who her next meal is coming from, or she's plotting to kill you :D

rd400racer likes this.
  2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

We have a vet appt later this afternoon. She's not showing any improvement with her mobility. Still has a good appetite and pooped a little this morning.

Boman Forklift and G 97 like this.
  3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Ahem pretty sure you meant to attach pics?

To OP, gah, it is tough. My avatar is our
    glorious Umi Umi. He was 18 when he passed.
    He suffered two strokes prior to passing away and rallied back to almost completely normal, years apart. Apparently cat strokes are not the same as people strokes. He lost a step or two toward the end, but he was always "himself" if that makes sense, his personality shined
    through. When he was ready to go, he was
    ready. His brother, Nani, who passed away at 20 last year, similar experience, they will tell you when they are ready. You need only listen. Annabelle, what a gorgeous girl. Hugs.

ToofPic and G 97 like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

These were the three I lost in ~ a year.

Bastard face (real name Wallis) is on the left, Boo Boo in the middle and Ralphie is the orange one.

Boo Boo is the one that got me hassled by the cops.

Attached Files:

Shenanigans, ToofPic, G 97 and 2 others like this.
  5. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

OK I am bawling over here!

Separately, "Boo Boo is the one who got me hassled by the cops" needs to be in a script. :)

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

See post #32. Notice the fang stuck in my hand.

Alley believes we live on the Serengeti and he is the king.
    :crackup:

I'm with Stupid and G 97 like this.
  7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I was gonna say - isn't kinda hard to adjust valves with the valve cover on?!? :D

8. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

While I certainly love dogs, cats have always been more my speed.......not afraid to admit it.

My first cat, Dennis, I got when I was 14 and was with me till I was 30. I knew when his condition deteriorated to a point that he wasn't able to live comfortably or enjoy all the things that made him a cat, it was time to say goodbye. It would have been selfish for me to hold on any longer, and would have only been for avoidance of sorrow.

I adopted Annie a few years later and there really are few things that I enjoy more than her curling up on my chest on a cold evening and purring away.

Best of luck with your feline friend......

G 97 likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'll shoot you the link to the thread. I don't think it's appropriate to post it in Motion's thread.
    Her real name was FrankenKat, we called her Boo Boo Dumb Dumb. :D

Bastard Face is just a nickname, he was a GREAT cat. . . if he liked you. If he didn't, he HATED you. He stole my slim jim. :crackup:
    Ralphie was a giant pile of mush. Sweet cat who just wanted to hang out with you.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    G 97 likes this.
  10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Maybe the cat does the valves... whenever they're good and ready. Cats are smart like that.

rd400racer likes this.
  11. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Lol. Well said.

12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

That cat is waiting to belt a 10mm socket into the Twilight Zone.

Potts N Pans and condon66 like this.
  13. Just keep in mind that veterinarians are not infallible. My good buddy Gumby Cat was misdiagnosed in his last days, and thus he suffered a bit longer than he should have, until I figured out (through entering his symptoms into the Interwebs) what was actually wrong with him.

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

According to the doc, Annabelle has a lesion between the 5th and 6th vertebrae. That's what the X-rays are saying. She has pain killers now, and anti-inflammatories to see if we can get the lesion reduced in size. He thinks the lesion is pressing against the spinal cord, causing the right side paralysis. She hasn't improved since this all began, but we will continue to try and work thru this. Thanks for all your support :)

racer_11, scottn, opinion914 and 2 others like this.
  15. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Hope she recovers and has some quality time left. She sure is cute.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Relatively good news, keep us updated? :)

The two "new" cat we got are pretty alright. Peanut and Gronk (Sam named him Stanley but that's a stupid name and I refuse to call him that). Gronk is dumb as soup, a lover and coming up on morbidly obese. :D

17. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Glad to hear some positive news! Hopefully she gets some mobility back.

I fully endorse this thread giving a reason for us to post our feline friends. This was a pic I made of my Annie back when we first got her and this box kept her entertained for hours.....

[​IMG]

She is always up for the hunt.....

[​IMG]

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

^^^ Amazing photos! You got some excellent talent! Or... maybe the latest iPhone :D

NemesisR6 likes this.
  19. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Might as well post up a picture of Blizzard who we adopted from a shelter. Great cat but he should have come with a warning sign regarding the white hair. Never pick him up wearing black or dark colors unless you have a lint roller close by.

blizzard grass.jpg

NemesisR6 likes this.
  20. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Sounds like there is reason to hope. Good luck!