1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gamers - FPS (specifically COD Modern Warfare - Remastered)

Discussion in 'General' started by pefrey, Jan 30, 2019.

1. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

A lot of what I expected to hear. Internet ping rate, as well as DL and UL speeds are very good, at least when I ran the test. There certainly is an gained intuition. Other players throw grenades over buildings and walls and they land at my feet. I am a grenade magnet. I have adjusted my controller sensitivity to get a balance of speed and precision that is a happy medium. I spend time on the "range" practicing and even that is frustrating. Unfortunately there is no aim assist.

2. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

I am at the point where it is not fun for the occasional player. Last night I went 0/18 in one game.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what I always figured would happen to me, doesn't seem like fun at all.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I haven't played Cod in years. Quake Champions has been fun.

5. mram0256

mram0256 Member

Learn the maps. Slow down. There’s a middle, left, and right side to every map. Play an objective based game like domination so you kind of have an idea of where people will come from. Spawn points in tdm can be real jacked up. Keep an eye on the mini map like mentioned before. Dying teammates are always a sure way of knowing what’s coming from where. Hell, use that sound perk that shows what direction people are coming from til you have an idea of what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

code3ryder likes this.
  6. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I would do that all the time on the original MW. Especially the map where everyone is on a cargo ship. Eventually I switched to playing the Battlefield series (still team deathmatch servers) as I enjoyed it more. Unfortunately these FPS games are more run and gun versus planning and team work.

mram0256 likes this.
  7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Maybe a stupid question, but what graphic card are you running in your rig?
    Unless you've got an nvidia 1070 or newer or amd 580 or newer with 8gb on the GPU, you could not be getting the render delivered in a timely manner to your monitor.

Also, what others have said, time on screen. My buddy has 600hrs playing in PUBG.
    Shroud, probably the best PubG streamer has, based on the stats here: LINK probably has close to the following:
    Games played: 5957 - (1512+765) = 3680 games (i'm going to guess he gets to the midpoint of 15min) ~920hrs in game
    Games top 10: 1512 (i'm going to guess an average of 20min per) = ~500hrs
    Games won: 765 (max time in game is 30min) = ~382hrs

That's 1800 hours, just of one online FPS game. When you throw in all the other games he played, both for fun, as a pro, and then as a streamer before and during PubG, that's a lot of time advantage to smoke newbs.

8. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Good info given from many people above. As suggested, map knowledge is a huge advantage, I always hate when new maps come out because I suck until I learn them.

Another thing worth noting is the older the game the harder the competition usually. I skipped a handful of COD releases until WW2 and would usually be one of the top 2 or 3 players in whatever mode I was playing, and always had a solidly positive K/D. If I go back and play the first Black Ops game or anything more than the last one or two COD's now I get slaughtered, because all the fair weather players have migrated to something new and all that's left are the hardcore guys that have been playing nothing but that game for years.

9. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

As odd as it sounds, part of my trick has always been to play hardcore. Way easier to get kills. I may die more, but I’m going to take more with me when I don’t have to hit them 17 times. :D

Laz likes this.
  11. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

i dont remember the weapons for that game but in MW2 and MW3 i had a class for large maps, medium maps, and small maps.

i always use that double primary weapon perk and usually the fast runner perk too

so shotgun/ assault rifle for small maps

double assault for medium maps

sniper/ assault for large maps

running up behind someone for the knife shank is easily the most fun though

12. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

LinusTechTips did a YT vid comparing the benefits of higher res vs higher refresh rate for gaming. the vid is called "4K Gaming is Dumb". there were complaints about the 60Hz monitor.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

does something like that work on PS4, or is it just PC?

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The best players turn all the eye candy off in competition.

mike-guy likes this.
  15. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

It is a stupid question because he's on PS4. It's literally in the very first sentence in his original post.

Get a mouse and keyboard. Fck controllers.

Kurlon and JJJerry like this.
  16. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Yes ps4

BigBird likes this.
  17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Good to see a diplomatic approach..
    PS4 = propper fuckt.

18. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

the only thing you needed in mw2 was dual 1887's and the invervention

badmoon692008, mram0256 and pfhenry like this.
  19. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I played CS on PC all through high school and college and was decent at it. I've picked up FPS games on consoles a few times over the years and absolutely blow at them. I play PUBG from time to time with some old friends, and that's fun because they're way better than me and drag me along.

My son plays plants vs. zombies on Xbox, and that's actually a pretty damn fun version of a FPS for my old ass.

20. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

WAT?! Please... no, just, no.

To clear things up for people, a 1070 does not deliver rendered frames to the monitor ANY quicker than an old i740 (Who had one of those gems?). The speed of your card will dictate your FPS, but not magically reduce latency between the card and monitor by virtue of a bigger number on the box.