1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indian and Dirty Track

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Soooo...Did I read that correct and Mees and gang aren't eligible? It states privateer contingency. If Jared is eligible, he's gonna be rich. $10,000 for a win and $25k champ bonus is some nice coin.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Mees makes PLENTY. He’s factory. Just like I don’t think Elias can come Race WERA and take Suzuki money.

Indian is definitely pouring dollars Into the sport.

Funny remember Dave, you were asking about Estensen and I told you he has “fuck you money”

Last year jake Johnson rode his Indians and they were painted blue because he doesn’t need the 10k contingency $$

Lol

5axis and Spang308 like this.
  4. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Sometimes people know they aren't gonna get any of it anyways... :Poke:

5. Robby-Bobby

Um.... are you familiar with Jake Johnson?? He was definitely getting it. Tim prob just paid it

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

In the twins class, is there even anything else you can run and hope to win?
    What's the deal with the Harley? HP? Frame? can't hook up the HP it has?

7. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

My guess is HD's check to Vance & Hines wasn't large enough. That new engine probably needs some cubic dollars development.
    They may want to pony up. The HD fans aren't happy watching their beloved oil leakers getting thrashed in a sport they once owned.
    I think the HDs even got beat by Lloyd's Duc a few times!

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yepper. :D

DDF11C0D-7474-48E9-BA38-3F27F4B0AED8.jpeg

Sabre699, Shocker, stk0308 and 2 others like this.
  9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

The HD is getting faster, but the Indian is the right combo. And quite frankly I am glad that it is beating the snot out of HD. It has already forced HD to try something different. And Indian has really helped flattrack in general when it come to growing the sport. And this payout will do nothing but help. I can't wait to see some races this year.

ChuckS and G 97 like this.
  10. Robby-Bobby

That was last weekend at my race. Lol

I’ve gotteb some flak from that pic already...

G 97 and stk0308 like this.
  11. Robby-Bobby

Sam Halbert almost had the yamaha twin on top a few times.

Harley has several issue. Primary issue is running a production based motor against a factory built prototype. Remember when moto gp did that?

Another issue is that power plant is making like 50hp stock so now double it to be competitive and see what components will or won’t hold up.

I know got a fact the are trying and spending a lot of money on the best riders available and development.

Sam Halbert has lived with me the past month and trained.

Again the biggest problem is the indian is justnreally fucking good.

stk0308, Steeltoe and backcountryme like this.
  12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Who is it?

13. Robby-Bobby

Brandon Robinson.

Y’all should have seen him and Carver battling.... running the high line like a foot from the top in the cushion.

noles19 likes this.
  14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Guess he didn’t have time to get new leathers before jumping ship. :D

G 97 likes this.
  15. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Harley is hard at work with V&H adapting to rule changes. WERA’s own Gene Burcham is Sammy’s crew chief. He moved over from Factory Indian where he was with Brian Smith the season before last.

ekraft84 likes this.
  16. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Smith will be back at home on a kawasaki this year, JD on the Yamaha, and hopefully some big improvements out of Harley over the winter. The Indians might not have it as easy this year.

17. Robby-Bobby

Gene is a good dude and working his ass off! I’m looking forward to seeing the hard work pay off. It’s gotta be stressful as fuck!

ekraft84 likes this.
  18. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

yeah Harley will have it better this year, as usual instead of improving the Harley they put restrictions on indian last I read

19. Robby-Bobby

You read incorrectly. They opened up the rules for the production engines. You ca read that as restrictions if you want but it’s incorrect.

stk0308 likes this.
  20. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

yes allowing production engines or the Harleys to run 40mm throttle bodies and not indian will help production engines, and hinder indian I do look at that as a restriction when one person can do it and another can't ,i'm not up on dirt track any more maybe they are not going to use this rule I don't know just read that a while back