1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 3, 2019.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I really don't know how it works. All i know is i don't want or need to be part of it.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Because 60-something percent of Americans can't afford a $1000 emergency.

Left to their own devices I'd bet that 80ish percent would fail to put away even a year's worth of retirement, and 90+ wouldn't put away enough.

We can't just let them starve, so the younger, working generations would be paying for them anyway... kinda like what we're doing now.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Accurized

4. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Between my employers and myself over $300,000 has been paid in my name since I started work. It ain't welfare. I start drawing full retirement in March and plan to draw all I have earned. You youngins keep working. I want my money back.

TurboBlew and XFBO like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Congrats!!!

6. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Thanks. Not retiring yet, just going to start my getting my government handout.:D

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm about 2.5 to 3 years out.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Thanks to the meteoric rise in healthcare costs that I didn't plan for when mapping out my life, I'ma probably have to add an extra 10 years of "working" somewhere that at least offers some rudimentary form of healthcare coverage.

"Welcome to Walmart- here's a smilieface sticker for that TV you just walked out of the garden department with & now you're headed for the returns desk... and I don't give a shit. Have a nice day"

Dammit I should've kept those 50,000 shares of ASKJ instead of selling them at $3.50 for enough to pay off my house. I'd be typing this from a beach somewhere & Mark151 would be my personal chef. :D

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Retirement is only from my current position. I don't think I would like not working. Been doing it too long and the wife would just come up with a long list of things she would want done. She is tough to work for.

auminer likes this.
  10. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Retired last year. Moved from city to an acreage. Plenty to keep busy. Of course with motorcycles being the main cause of existence retirement is never boring. Either working on them or riding them. I’m lucky the boss also loves riding. YYMV

Britt likes this.
  11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

You old welfare recipient you!

(eat it, Pettit!)

12. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't have voted for Roosevelt.

J/K, I know you didn't.

But you would have. :Poke:

R Acree and XFBO like this.
  13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Double check the math. If you keep working they take a bunch based on what you earn. It might make sense to post pone drawing and get a higher $$ in exchange. I am not a tax/expert.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Garth ridicules himself every time he brings up anything regarding forest management, no point piling on :crackup:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm good with that after 37 years paying in.

bigtime likes this.
  16. cpettit

Maybe. But then again he worked to end prohibition and i am quite sure i would have been involved in the business so maybe not. No one wants to see their livelihood disappear. :)

17. cpettit

Call me when you get back anywhere near the amount you put in. Or..... when it warms up enough to ride dirtbikes.

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

This photo nicely sums up how the pro-wall folks feel about immigration.

[​IMG]