1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personality test

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

INTJ
    Introvert(31%) iNtuitive(53%) Thinking(69%) Judging(31%)
    • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (31%)
    • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (53%)
    • You have distinct preference of Thinking over Feeling (69%)
    • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (31%)
    To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance.
    People of this type are perfectionists, with a seemingly endless capacity for improving upon anything that takes their interest.
    They possess the unusual trait combination of imagination and reliability.
    Both perfectionism and disregard for authority may come into play.
    Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this.
    They tend to have little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk and flirtation (which most types consider half the fun of a relationship).
    To complicate matters, people of this type are usually extremely private.
    Only instead of expecting inexhaustible affection and empathy from a romantic relationship, the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness.

[​IMG]

2. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

ISTP-T, whatever the hell that means..

3. crusty9r

crusty9r Human Lawn Dart

Trades.

4. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

You have ADD and you need some Ritalin.

ENFJ.

5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Test verified: I could get someone to bring up that point within 10 posts.

I find it odd that the INTJ is supposedly a tiny percentage of the population, but on the beeb (using Kentucky windage math) it is around 25%. WTH?

6. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I find it odd this 'test' is still used or referred to, it's neither valid or reliable. On top of that any test using self elect answers is biased beyond your ability not to. But people love it so it gets kept alive.

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Well help out the fools here. Are you a psyho-pro or are there studies available that debunk the methods, etc?

I find it strange that the "types" represent very different sets of traits, yet just about everyone that I have talked with about their result say that the descriptions are between 90 and 100% the way that they see themselves. Certainly could be anecdotal or could be a Jedi mind trick.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

INTJ....

No surprise there...

9. Venom51

Difficult has served you well...

10. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I think this is actually the point he’s making. Of course the descriptions are 90-100% accurate of how they see themselves ... its a self-eval. It means that’s how you perceive yourself, not that its correct/accurate. I see myself a physical specimen that could rival Superman. Give me a test asking me to rate myself, and I’ll prove as much. Reality says otherwise.

13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Like Mr. Plarp, I don't give a damn either way, but what you posted says nothing to really back up his point. It is a good hypothesis, but where's the beef? Two people that I know quite well (~30 yrs.) recently read their evaluation and it seemed accurate to how I interpret their personality and work modus operandi (although I do not know about their dating portion). Did you take the "test"? I didn't notice the questions about dong length, how many chicks someone has had, or how low one could corner. In other words, where's the questions about a subject "rating" themselves in a hierarchy?

14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

For academic reasons, I decided to answer each question with "uncertain", as if I had questions about the questions.
    It determined a personality type ESTJ with 1% across the board. It also basically labelled me a schizo saying...

"characteristics of more than one personality type may apply to you:
    ESTJ, ENTJ, ESFJ, ENFJ, ISTJ, INTJ, ISFJ, INFJ, ESTP, ENTP, ESFP, ENFP, ISTP, INTP, ISFPand INFP."

I conclude, again, it's a useless compass. Six billion people on the planet and only 16 personality types? Even if you break down the type preferences with varying percentages, all it says is "we're all the same, in varying degrees".
    No shit? What a bunch of BS. No more valuable than an elementary school multiplication table that only goes to 4 on either axis.

15. Venom51

So you came up as FOAD right?

16. fastfreddie

Yeah, but the small percentages make me an LTD Edition. So, I'm kinda special.
    [​IMG]

Phl218 likes this.
  17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Ahhh. So if you choose to not answer the questions, the "test" is invalid. OK that make sense. :crackup:

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bunch of Hooey.

19. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So you intentionally gave answers you knew were not accurate and then complained about the results?

What is wrong with only 16 "types"? Are there more personalities than that? Sure, but these are high level types. I am sure spending hours per person with a professional would result in a more detailed analysis of people would result in more detailed sub-types. This isn't trying to pin people down 100%, but just to roughly show their tendencies. Will it 100% hit the nail on the head every time? Nope, but if the people answering the questions are honest in answering the questions, it does a pretty good job of showing their tendencies in my experience.

20. fastfreddie

Enough so that you would base an employment position on someone's result?
    Let's say you have two candidates, both identified as ABCD. One of them has very high percentages for the type, the other has very low percentages.
    These are the only two applicants for the position but what you really want is an EFGH type. Neither ABCD classification tells you that one of them is a lot closer to EFGH than the other.
    It's useless.

I answered every question. If I hadn't, it's not a question of validity, it's simply "not observed".