1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Federal Government Shutdown

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by galloway840, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Its not. They just wont vote for him.

It will have a huge impact on his base. Watch that approval rating over the next two weeks. Its going to tank.

Another Republican loss due to weakness. Pelosi won. His nuts are in her purse.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I thought the official position in the dungeon was that approval ratings were a hoax (at least, when they are down).

In all seriousness, the only way his base leaves him is if he runs as a Democrat next time around, in my opinion. It's the moderates you possibly might have to worry about.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Then you don't know much about the base.

R Acree likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Bipolar is well, bipolar. :D

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

6. Fonda Dix

He said he would never reopen without a wall deal.
    He did.
    He is Nancy's bitch.
    /story

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Once again the swamp dwellers have convinced Trump to back down
    in order to be reasonable. Bad move.

8. Fonda Dix

I disagree on them "convincing" him. I think they grabbed him by his only pussy, his family.

I see ZERO coincidence that this happened on the same day that Stone was arrested. My guess is the Swamp has made it crystal clear that they can get Kushner and the Donald chose family over country. This is also why Kushner, a globalist and immigration supporter, is now in charge of the immigration issue.

Get ready for an amnesty of up to two million sparking chain migration of 6-8 million.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

10. Fonda Dix

Its not just in here Papa. Its all over the place. America is a wreck. Not at all peaceful, serene and brotherly like France.

BTW, if this is some 64D chess crap and he somehow flips this to a win I will send $50 of the AFF in the name of Nancy Pelosi as penance.

My guess is he just got blackmailed using the one thing he truly cares about, that hot ass daughter he wants to date. :)

HPPT likes this.
  11. G 97

G 97 Garth

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup: The French are just as hateful as you guys. I wasn't talking about one side versus the other. I'm talking about your perpetual mood swings.

13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Holy shit , Fonda. Calm down. It does look bad and optics are a large portion of politics. But let’s stay alive and see what happens next. Throwing in the towel is never an option. Never. If it is, then move to Cuba.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

15. pittmeister

pittmeister Well-Known Member

The article is about how Republicans are trying to add a measure in HJ Res 28 to receive their first paycheck of 2019.
    This, of course, can only happen if the resolution is passed by the Senate and signed into law by the President.

DJT already signed the 2019 Government Employee Fair Treatment Act, approving back pay to federal workers once the shutdown is over (government is funded)
    Per the 2019 Federal Employee Fair Treatment Act: "This bill requires employees of the federal government or a District of Columbia public employer who are furloughed or required to work during a lapse in appropriations beginning on or after December 22, 2018, to be compensated for the period of the lapse. The employees must be compensated on the earliest date possible after the lapse ends, regardless of scheduled pay dates."
    https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/24

HJ Res 28 funds the federal government
    If HJ Res 28 is signed into law, fed workers would get back pay on the earliest date possible
    Only 6 Republicans voted for HJ Res 28.

If an amendment was made to approve the first paycheck for 2019 to HJ Res 28, it would still have to pass the senate and be signed by DJT to go into effect.
    The proposed verbiage per the article was "Provide for the payments of salaries for federal employees during the entirety of the lapse in appropriations that began on December 22."
    Looks awfully familiar, right?

If HJ Res 28 is signed into law, fed workers get back pay anyways
    Only 6 Republicans voted for HJ Res 28.

A couple of Republican Reps are trying to spin this as Democrats are voting against paying fed workers, when it was already covered by the 2019 Government Employee Fair Treatment Act.

It will be fun when this starts all over again on Feb 15th

saintlaurent likes this.
  16. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

IDK what's gonna be so much fun. Nancy gave zero. That will repeat as he is weaker now. He will call it nat'l emergency, it will go to court, remaining term is up, central americans reshape the country in the image of Maduro. Idiots win.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

So the motion was to pay federal worker immediately and the dems voted it down. Just as written in the article.

18. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Trump pulled the rug out from under Nancy. She said open the gov and she'll negotiate, open the gov and the SoTU speech will happen.
    He has shown over and over that he will talk if she will concede a single point.
    But the party of hatred and obstruction just shows over and over that they are pices of shit.
    Three weeks from now it will still be their fault because she will move the goalposts again, as always.
    Then the national emergency will happen because she is garbage.

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Good grief, No wall then?

That is nuts, the country has barely manage to survive 241 years without it, ...how it can keep it together now will come only from a Godly miracle.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

He's done or at least my meager bit of support for him has come to an end. If you can't take a position and stick with it until you get the results you want then don't take the position. He is proving to be just as wishy washy as the fucking rest of them.

Do whatever you want for the next 25 years until I sign off this rock. I am out of give a shit.