1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Spill it, Chachi! Fonzie is going for 15 garbage cans and he is switching out his Triumph for an Indian? They move the chicken stand?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  2. cartmen34

cartmen34 Well-Known Member

I get BeIN and I still pay for MotoGP and WSBK video passes. The ability to watch the races where-ever/whenever/whatever device I want is very important to me. I've had enough trouble with DVR's from multiple companies not to trust them with my racing replays. The video passes and no-spoiler options are worth every penny.

badmoon692008 and scottn like this.
  3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Agreed. The convenience makes it worth it (especially if you split costs). Hopefully MA takes note

4. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

r6boater likes this.
  5. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

r6boater and 5axis like this.
  6. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I sure hope the twins races are accessible to watch

track wagon, Newyork, 23103a and 2 others like this.
  7. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Gonna be a great season. Hoping more Jr Cup kids step up to Twins.

And especially the "not-so-kids"

8. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

You'll be able to watch all of the support class races on MA's site. I believe they'll also have live feeds on Facebook and Youtube again.

rcarson15, r6boater and WANABE RACER like this.
  9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Listened to GW's podcast this am. Tony E. is going to be a dad.

418 likes this.
  10. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

This just in...Anglo-American John "Hopper" Hopkins is not coming back to the USA and MotoAmerica.

renegade17 likes this.
  11. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

5axis, yuengling910 and Newyork like this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Glad to see I was wrong and KW is going to campaign the V4R superbike this year.

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 11.34.47 AM.png

Steeltoe likes this.
  13. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

That’s gonna be fun to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Variety is good! Even if it is a smelly Dookati.

15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Now that Ducati has a competitive established team running the V4 in Moto America, what are they going to do? Will they help KWR out with support, or just sit back and do nothing that the team doesn't pay for. The bike might be a great platform, but I think Ducati might suck as hard as Kawasaki in providing support in MA. I am afraid I just don't get it. I can understand Honda since their bike sucks, but Kawasaki and Ducati should have a competitive bike that they won't promote.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Kawasaki and Ducati don't need motoamerica racing. They do well enough in WSBK that they don't need to spend money here.
    Shit, Kawasaki does well enough they don't even need motogp.

17. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Do they need customer good will? Do they need to maintain a good corporate image with all of their customer base? It isn't just about sales of sportbikes. Sometimes it is about being part of a community. I think their vision is narrow and short sighted.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But the sportbike community is a small part of their sales and I'd argue the vast majority of the people buying don't even care that there is superbike racing in the US and couldn't spell WERA.
    Why spend millions of dollars on racing in the US to make thousands?

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Elsewhere on the beeb there has been talk about the m/c industry and how it's struggling right? Look at it this way, Ducati is a niche company that had small bike sales (about 8,000) in this 400,000 plus m/c market compared to the big 4 last year. Then understand Ducati has no additional ATV, UTV, MX & Wood bikes, watercraft, boat motors, or power equipment to supplement bike sales. But yet they have the same type of infrastructure to pay for right? So to me it comes down to the available budget and the fact they like being linked to MotoGP and WSBK more.

Jaketheone46 likes this.
  20. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

We wish Kyle all the best! Spoke with him the other day. Very exciting.

Dave K’s last 2 posts pretty much answer your questions kenessex. Ducati sold twice as many Multistradas as SBK’s last year. Pretty much every single V4R coming to the states is pre-sold. It’s pay to play if racing a Ducati. DNA does not have the marketing budget for racing. Period. Teams/riders have to secure their own funds.

There are 2 great teams in BSBK running Ducs. 2 championships in the past 3 years. Those teams buy everything.