1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duff McKagen

Discussion in 'General' started by Kev59, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Just met him at a fundraiser for his brothers organization. I was expecting a burnt out rocker ( he looked the part) but was super polite & friendly. I didn't have an expectation but he was really down to earth and down right normal. Never was a G&R fan but the show was for a good cause.
    The really weird part was who he was with: Tommy Decarlo, Parhenon Huxley and Gary Greene. In York, SC.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Did he get fat like Axl?

[​IMG]

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Get his book. Good read.

triplestrong likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, both his books are worth the time to read.
    He seems to be a cool ass mofo.

5. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Not st all. When we saw GNR last year, he looked to be in really good shape. Axl may have put on some weight, but he can still belt out a damn good tune.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He has dropped a ton of weight the last few years. Google fat axl rose and enjoy. One of my favorites was him dressed all in yellow, he looked like a school bus.

7. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Not at all. Almost too skinny. He brother called it "a healthy skinny".

8. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Agreed. Saw a couple shows on that tour, and he's definitely in show shape. He may be a giant douche missle, but he can still get it done vocally. Slash and Duff seem like good guys listening to their interviews.

Crossed paths with Slash in Loiusville last year. We didn't speak, but he waved and I was 100% school girl for about 30 minutes.

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Slash was on Mark Maron's podcast not too long ago. It was pretty entertaining.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Slash isn't real.

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

And Schwantz is a homo...

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Might be, none of my business if he is, but that does not change the fact that Slash is not real.

13. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I went in to the show with some reservations, but my son was so amped to see GNR, so off we went. I expected him to get A LOT of help from the sound mixers. However, either they’re pure wizards at the sound board, or he’s still got it. I say he’s still got it. I’d def see them again.

14. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

K51000 and 969 like this.
  15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

So the music sounds different when the artist disagrees with your politics? Weird.

pscook and zertrider like this.
  16. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

17. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Most of our discussion was about the ton of cash he helped raise for his brothers outreach program. Maybe next time we'll go shooting & I'll straighten him out...

JTRC51 likes this.
  18. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

Not different, just not at all. Don't listen to him anymore.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Plays a six string well.