1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right and wrong???? - AZ 14 year old car thief shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Jan 20, 2019.

1. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Did perps you cited have their guns drawn and ignore a lawful command? Then maybe so...

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm going to throw some water on the media also with these kind of stories. I know that it's not the fault of the media however, one of the first actions after an incident like this shooting is that some story hungry reporter immediately breaks all speeding laws getting to the parents of these little criminals, shoves a microphone into their face and gets their "statement" which starts the public fires burning brightly.
    It's the same story every time. Black person is shot while committing a criminal act, parents make every excuse in the world as to why their innocent kid was shot by a trigger happy cop, then the lawyer/community activist/ spokesman shows up in front of the cameras threatening lawsuit and demanding body camera footage be made public, then when they don't like what they see, it's "unclear" as to what happened. The general public is/has gotten tired of this BS.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Agree. I wonder if anyone else in their community has come to the realization that stealing is wrong and that the sooner they learn this, in addition to learning other rights and wrongs, their lifes will become better. At the very least they won’t have to subject themselves and their community to “outside” corrective action which as we see here, can be extremely effective.

4. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

You guys keep referencing this... as far as I read the gun was unknown during the chase and they later "found it on his person" I haven't seen anywhere that claimed he was holding the gun or that the cop had confirmed he was armed before the chase.

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Don’t break into autos and try to steal them.
    This adjourns today’s life lesson.
    Class dismissed. *

*permanently for one.

crashman likes this.
  6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I think a better life lesson would be to not run from the cops, no matter what crime you may or may not have committed. I would rather pay for a child's bail and legal fees than their burial expenses. Actions always have consequences.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Can’t say I disagree. Very good point.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your teachers were wrong and taught you badly. I was taught to keep innocents safe and there is no such thing as a fair fight - especially if people are armed. The kid was a danger to innocents. That danger was removed without any harm to innocents. This isn't defending cops for no reason, this is defending the cop for doing a damn good job.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Committing a crime and running around with a weapon in his hands works for me.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF? Come on Danny, this isn't some citizen with a weapon in a holster. The cop made good choices no matter what you think of them. All of this is on the kid for running with a gun in his hands - not his belt, not a backpack, not a holster. That is just cause. Innocent people exercising their right to bear arms would have stopped and dropped the weapon when ordered to do so. Don't try and make up things that didn't happen.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Neither is remotely the same as running from the cops gun in hand. Cops don't shoot people they catch with weapons hundreds of times every day. Gun in hand changes it all.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely. Sadly these kids aren't being taught that (granted they weren't taught not to steal either).

13. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I guess we have different ideas of where to draw the line. A kid running off with a TOY gun is much different than if he had been a threat to the cop, made moves toward the cop or even tried to stand his ground. He was fleeing with a toy that may or may not been in is hand.
    JMO

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I would be fairly certain that that AirSoft gun he had... didn't have the Orange end cap on it.. and they look Real., just in case you haven't seen one.. from 8' you couldn't tell the difference.

crashman likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet again wow. How was the cop supposed to know it was a toy? That has nothing to do with the situation as it was happening.

Running away is a moot point as well, what happens if he goes around the side of a house - then stops and shoots the cop as he comes around? Oh yeah of course that'd never happen since it was a toy gun and 14 year olds never commit violent crimes. Except the cop had no way of knowing it was a toy, or the bad guys age, and 14 year olds commit violent crimes all the time...

You're second guessing based on knowledge the cop didn't have and ignoring the information he did have. He saw a bad guy with a gun. His job is to stop bad guys especially those with guns. He did his job.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

You know what.
    Far worse things happen to way better people for absolutely no reason.
    So 2 fucks for this criminal kid.

auminer and SpeedyE like this.
  17. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

How do the cops find out if it a joke or not? Hesitate and who knows what can happen.

A child was sent suspended from school for eating a pop tart into a "gun". This shows the serious nature of brandishing a weapon in front of authority figures. :eek:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

At 15 or so I had a .22 starter pistol, let the drama department at school use it for a play, never had an orange tip. Taking it back home I was screwing around with it at the bus stop not thinking about how it looked, it was just a fancy cap gun after all. Local cops come screaming up from both directions jump out of cars, yelling about a gun (I'd put it in my backpack by then). It was afternoon across from school and before the media made a huge deal of school shootings so no guns drawn on me. They did have their hands on them as they approached. I told them it's in my backpack and it's a starter pistol, stepped away from it as asked, they searched it, found the gun, told me don't be a dumbass like that again playing with it at a bust stop and keep it out of sight when transporting it then left. Never got shot. Never ran. Did pucker a touch.

sheepofblue likes this.
  19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I serve as a starter for track meets at our local school. You can bet that I make sure I am decked out in my official's uniform before taking my pistol out of the truck.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I got much less stupid after that one :D