1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiper blades

Discussion in 'General' started by Rich, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Traveling this week and realized in a massive downpour that I needed wiper blades.

No Advance Auto in this town, so I can't take advantage of their discounted in store pickup.

Had to pay retail.

Appears that these things continue to rise in price, and Amazon doesn't have much of a discount.

Any good places to buy should I be smart enough to plan?

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I bought my last set of wiper blades at Wal-Mart.
    Huge selection with a pretty large price range.

K51000 likes this.
  3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Fleet Farm. Standard Anco blades(yellow box). I change the 2-3 tines per year.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Happy to hear it isn't just me. I went to order some for my cars and was like wtf is up with these prices

5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

2-3 times per year? Damn. I need new ones badly but I've had my truck for 4 years and might have replaced them once. I would think the good ones would last at least a few years.

stk0308, K51000 and speedluvn like this.
  6. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I change mine about twice a year. I park outside 100% of the time. I’m sure the constant UV exposure shortens their lifespan.

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

My wife thought the same, till I changed hers and she realized how bad the old ones get. The rubber gets hard faster than you think. Change tthem once and see the difference.

Funkm05 likes this.
  8. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

I have a Chevy van that is parked outside facing the sun. The cheapest Anco blades, about $7 each or less on sale, last a year. Expensive blades might last a little longer in the sun, but they don't wipe any better in use.

9. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I drive a TON. I use Aquapel glass treatment on my windshield. Works amazing.

cha0s#242 and StaccatoFan like this.
  10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Rain-X works pretty well too. Just gotta treat the windshield every few months

K51000 likes this.
  11. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

I’ve tried most of the flat blade options over the years and the ones sold by Sam’s Club are my favorite. I think they are Peak brand and they’re something like $10.88 per side.

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

Rain-x on glass and Bosch blades once a year or 1.5

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Move to Southern California. You’ll never need to buy wipers again :)

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

With your gas prices, who can afford to.

kangasj, ChemGuy, BigBird and 4 others like this.
  15. Black46

Black46 Well-Known Member

Bosch Icon $15 at Rock Auto

16. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Rockauto.com has decent prices even with shipping costs
    I like the Bosch beam type blades
    Edit: Black46 beat me to it

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I just buy their windshield washer fluid and it treats it every time I clean the windshield.

mram0256, StaccatoFan, lazlo and 2 others like this.
  18. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

ICON. Don't care how much they cost, they don't get replaced 'til they streak annoyingly...which turns out to be uncounted years. I don't long-term park facing the sun. I'm also diligent in keeping them clear of debris.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Costco has some Michelins over here and they work well enough on my GF's car. I got the OEM Lexus on my car 3 years ago and they still work amazing. 20$.

BigBird likes this.
  20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Whenever my Michelins wear out, there'll be a debate about whether to go ICON.
    I have four vehicles...replacing $10-$15 blades 1, 2 or 3 times a year is economically stupid.