1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right and wrong???? - AZ 14 year old car thief shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Jan 20, 2019.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

"But, but, but..."
    Yeah, stfu.

2. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Don't take an airsoft gun to a gunfight.

fastedyamaha likes this.
  3. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Well, it is not okay to shoot a person JUST because they are armed....
    Possibly armed and fleeing IMO does not deserve to Be fired upon. IF the suspect had fired upon the officer then he fired it would be a much different situation.

Killing a kid that wasn’t a imediate threat to the officer or any other person over what was most likely a misdemeanor is wrong.

I hate a theif as much or more than anyone, chase him down, beat his ass, i’m fine with it. Killing a fleeing suspect that is most likely out of range to even be a threat to you is jyst wrong. The cop got a lucky shot or odds are he wouldnt have hit him.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Sadly, they don't one day say "Hey this is wrong, I should get a job and stop doing this shit"...it usually just gets worse...
    "Ya'Gotta Nip it, Nip it in The Bud"

David B, crashman and turner38 like this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think with the kid being ambient temperature they achieved the nipping part. LOL.

crashman likes this.
  6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

D R T...usually stops the growth spurts of criminals.

G 97 likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That's messed up.

I snotted water out my nose.

crashman likes this.
  8. wood600rr

wood600rr Well-Known Member

So IF the suspect got a shot off and happened to miss the officer, then and only then they can return fire?

What if the officer got shot and killed? Who is going to return fire?

What if there were innocent bystanders in the path of the fleeing suspect that he decided to fire upon or take as hostages?

Sorry, if you are fleeing the scene of a crime with a firearm IN YOUR HAND you deserve to be stopped at all costs...

XFBO likes this.
  9. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

You see, cops aren’t there to protect themselves. You are viewing the situation as a kid running away from a cop. The cop is most likely viewing the situation as an armed suspect running through a neighborhood. There is no way to know if he/she is going to run into someone’s house and take hostages. There is no way to know if he will run until he finds a spot and ambush the cop(a local officer was killed here just like that), there is no way of knowing if he’ll just throw away the gun and quietly go back to his house. What is known is that there is a person with a gun that’s now being chased by the cops through a neighborhood. The cop swore to protect the citizens and that’s exactly what he did. He stopped all possible instances of innocent persons getting hurt or worse. That’s his job. He upheld the oath he took.

You know what would have stopped his death? Laying down spread eagle. Instead, he chose to run with a gun in his hand fleeing from a crime. That’s an immediate threat to everyone else.

auminer, sheepofblue and XFBO like this.
  10. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

^^^ Yup...

11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

This.

When that POS started preaching about racism at the memorial for the five Dallas officers, I wished I could reach through the screen.

XFBO likes this.
  12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Like I said earlier, the LIBERAL brainwashing in America is working. SMDH!

Do not be shocked when some of these big City PD's are restricted to shooting ONLY when shot at first......THEN you can watch the mass exodus in LE.

13. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I really think all local LEO should go on strike for a weak. Let the carnage begin.

XFBO likes this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes and no. I don't recall the court case, but somewhere along the line it was determined that a police officer has no legal obligation to protect you from somebody else. Moral? Yes. Dutiful? Yes. Legal? No. That said, I agree that what this officer did was the right call based on the info he was presented.

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

But the cops aren't wrong in either of the examples here.....

Yes, shooting armed bad guys in the back is totally acceptable. You sure as hell don't need to play around and wait until they're facing you like an old west shootout. They are armed and fleeing, it is absolutely idiotic to think they should be allowed to escape or to give them time to turn around and shoot at you or innocent people nearby.

XFBO likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously? So the cop should what - let the kid go?

Because the other option of chasing him is way too dangerous for the cop and others. Kid jumps fence, cops jumps fence kid kills cop. Or hell, he could lay in wait around a corner. So just because he's not facing the cop you are absolutely saying he should get away with being armed breaking into a car. All he has to do is turn his back to the cop and voila, home free.

XFBO and Britt like this.
  18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Of they could do it for a week….that might be more effective....

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The little idiot is still dead right? Good job officer...

20. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

C'mon, I left some low hanging fruit for dsapsis, and you go and snatch it. Jeeeeez