1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for tuners pump and u4.4.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by track wagon, Jan 17, 2019.

1. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

In regards to lap times probably not.... being closer to someone down the straight to make a pass on the brakes yes.

2. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

I've been wondering the same thing as the OP's original question. Can this be done?

3. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Get a map switch and do it properly.

4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Hey aren't you in a situation like this.

[​IMG]

Too Paul Bunyan and trying to draft, so maybe you do need a shit ton more HP or to lose 25 lbs.?

TurboBlew and track wagon like this.
  5. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I could lose 25 pounds. But lord I was 255 now 230 I would have to lose alot of muscle. I do need a shit ton more just a little more.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

He isn't a fat guy, I think he is 6'7".

track wagon likes this.
  7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Paul Bunyan is not fat but he's big and that's my point. So if you dwarf the bike and are punching a gigantic hole in the wind you need more HP or less weight, right?

track wagon likes this.
  8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

no you don't... ;)
    Thermosman convinced Stefano Mesa to stop running race gas on his kawi zx10 and bmw1k .. that the pump gas would mellow the bike a bit and he'd go faster. Thermosman is smart.. he went faster..
    Mesa is a lil guy, but my point being, you don't need any more power on the modern 1k's.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

On a 600 no. I accidentally bumped the switch one time and had the MR12 map with pump gas and thought I needed a new engine...
    Not sure if a 1000 is more forgiving but I doubt it. MR12 / u4.4 maps are way richer than pump gas maps due to the oxygenation.

track wagon likes this.
  10. JBowen33

I would assume he is a exception to this argument.... It’s all power to weight.... it takes more power to move 225 pounds then 150 pounds....

track wagon likes this.
  11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

more power doesn't in and of itself make a rider go faster around a track (improve lap times). An easy bike to ride, that is smooth off corners is.. when you show me a rider that is 100% throttle a LOT of the time, then lets talk about needing "more power" :)
    If this was a valid argument, why do expert front running 600 riders lap SIGNIFICANTLY faster than many 1000 riders ;)

Pitmom42, 5axis and MXjunky like this.
  12. JBowen33

Your not getting what I’m saying. There comes a point where something becomes too much power hence my power to weight ratio argument. That’s why all these new 200 horspower plus bikes have all these aids to manage the power because otherwise they would be unriderable. Horsepower was probably taken out because the power to weight ratio he had wasn’t a good balance.

What I am saying is a heavier rider in a nut shell will need more power to move the extra weight then on the same bike and a lighter rider. It’s simple physics

Also what your saying is basically that you take a pro rider and think they will be faster on a 600 then a 1000 is false. Look at lap times on the same track with riders that know what they are doing. 600s are slower then 1000. Data doesn’t lie.[/QUOTE]

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Unless you are talking about park it in the corner, block a bunch of people and drag race to the next corner at a track day more power is also harder to control in most cases. If a person is struggling to hang on to the leash of a beast they will likely go around the track faster on a bike with less power. I would suspect that at least 3/4 of the riders out there would turn faster lap times on a 600 as opposed to a 1000...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. JBowen33

So your trying to argue that a professional rider would be faster on a 600 then a 1000?
    I’m not talking about your track noob on the 30,000 dollar panigale

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

No one said that a pro would be faster on a 600. But some are and alot of the fairly quick not pros on 1000s would be faster on 600s. Horsepower is only 1 part of the equation and can sometimes cause things to happen too fast for mere mortals.

16. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

For what the U4.4 will make in HP in comparison to pump gas, it won't make much difference regardless of weight.
    Pump to U4.4 will be what... 2-3-4 HP ??? I don't think it'll be Worth the extra dough for the U4.4 IMHO

Brake harder, corner faster ;)

track wagon likes this.
  17. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

You could have a different map flashed into each power mode. No power commander or fuel switch necessary. Just change it with your stock setup.

track wagon likes this.
  18. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Sounds like a slouch, def sbk build and mr12.

Odilup, 5axis and track wagon like this.
  19. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Some of my most fun races were using a 600 in A races. It's a came of cat and mouse really going in corners. You know you have to get in front of them or else they are gone, which leads to some passes that probably shouldn't have been made. HP might not directly affect lap times like people want but it certainly makes passing easier.

track wagon and badmoon692008 like this.
  20. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I had a blast this year running my tired 750 up against 1000's and 1200 ducatis... It really makes you be more creative in your lines and passes and I think made me a much better racer.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.