1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winter Storm Harper

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

10 to 12 " but then it rained and collapsed it to 3" of heart attack snow. The damn sh*t was so heavy it broke my mail box post...a 4X6 inch post! :mad:

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Wow...and I'm only how far down the road?
    I waited, half asleep, all night to see when I was gonna have to start plowin' cuz I knew rain was comin', followed by freezin' temps. The heavy snowfall never really came and the rain just slushed up the 2"-3" we had from yesterday/early-late evening. Rain stopped this morning around 8-9. When some snow flakes started floating around about 9:30, that was my cue to plow. Now I have a clear driveway that promptly turned to black ice. :rolleyes:
    WHERE'S MY BLIZZARD? I'd rather have the 5"-8" of predicted snow than ice. (No, I don't have salt.)

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

It's them damn Canadians sending all their cold air down here ! :D

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Durex

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

ryoung57 likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

4,100 flights cancelled. Good storm for the hotel biz.

:D

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I wish we got all the snow they predicted.
    I cleaned up most of the first 6 inches between 5 and 7 after which
    we got 2 more inches as it turned to rain.
    Now it's 14 degrees and raining. What a mess.
    And somehow the windshield on my 3-month-old Silverado got cracked.

I picked a bad weekend to give up PCP.

7. Uncle Snake

Uncle Snake Well-Known Member

Bout 25" here in central Vt. Light and fluffy.

Razr likes this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Just saw on the TWC where you guys are currently getting the cold Canadian air.

9. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Whatever fell got washed away. Skating rink in my driveway, no big deal.

10. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Got real close to a foot.

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

We got about 20 cm but it's hella cold and windy. Then it's supposed to rain Thursday. WTF ? These yo-yo conditions are the worst. I don't mind winter when it's actually a real winter. What I hate is going from -25 to +8 in three days. You can't enjoy winter that way, it just sucks.

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not much snow here, but its f'ing 2 degrees out :)

13. Damn cold, for here. 22 right now but no snow. Nice and sunny and will hit 40. Cancelled my trip up north for work.

14. Ouch. I always hated it up north when it was cold but no snow. I’d at least like snow if it’s cold.

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I just came in from plowing, wind has been hammering us so the drifts were hard, first punch thru was a bitch. It's still 12 below, not supposed to even get to zero today. Old beater plow truck never got warm enough to take my heavy coat off.

16. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Does anyone else refuse to plow or shovel your drive knowing that a few attempts with lots of throttle will get it done? My neighbors spent hours shoveling and I come rip in on the gas. I could feel the hate

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Not plowing is fine-n-dandy 'til you realize you're low on heating oil.
    I had to bust <two inches of packed snow (ice) for 100 yds one year. Never making that mistake again. :crackup:

18. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Until it's two weeks later and their driveway is all melted clear and now yours is covered with packed ice until spring that just gets thicker and shittier.

19. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

Nah it’s suppaoed to be 43 and raining Wednesday, we gucci fam

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I think the same way... Wasn't going to shovel this weekend but there isn't a high forecasted above 20 with most in the single digits for the next 15 days so I figured I should take care of it... :crackup:

Funkm05 likes this.