1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anaheim 2 Triple Crown Race

Discussion in 'General' started by Linker48X, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Qualifying over, Musquin, Tomac, and Roczen top qualifiers. Even better, Alaska’s Ben Lamay won the LCQ. 3- 12 minute 450 mains. Should be a great race. And even better than that, it’s dry, and 60+ degrees. How much better can racing in January get?

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

What is this on? Mecum Auto Auction is on NBC Sports. I can't find it listed?????

3. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Coming on here at 8 PST on NBCSP

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

it will come on around 10pm EST.

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Delayed coverage until 11 PM EST on NBC Sports. NBC Sports Gold starts at 10 PM EST.

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Any info on how Malcom's surgery went and recovery time? Broken femur aint no joke,you could sever femoral artery and bleed out quick.
    I only raced one moto x race in my life,and it was red flagged after a guy in front of me crashed out and broke his femur.
    It was a horrible scene,freaked me out.I restarted the race,finished,but never did it again
    I will stick to road rash and breaking my collar bone over and over and over....:oops:

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

No word on surgery, but he's out for the rest of the SX season.

8. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

That sux..I really thought he could get on the box a lot this season.

9. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Can someone update results for races?

10. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Rather than try to capture all the ins and outs of two 3-race classes, it may be easier to post a link to a good descriptive race report. https://www.cyclenews.com/2019/01/article/2019-anaheim-2-supercross-race-day-results/

So, the Triple Crown format delivered great racing, unpredictable results, and new winners (Cooper Webb in 450, Shane Mc Elrath in 250). The Olympic-scored 3 race finishes at the front were very tight in both classes and so brought a welcome bit of unpredictablity and the shorter races and multiple starts brought new faces to the front. But after the top 3, the format seemed to reward dogged persistence over speed in the bottom half of the top ten. It’s been many years since I raced a 3 moto format regularly but that’s how I remember it going, a 10th or a 15th doesn’t end your day, just keep finishing steady.

Other than that, Barcia got hurt, Roczen appears to have continuing endurance problems made more apparent by the 42 total race laps, Anderson had another bad night (so bad, again, it seems something is off), Musquin wasnt stellar with a second, just okay by his high standards, and the real Eli Tomac finally showed up in the last moto. He just split—and I’m thinking we will see a lot more of that in the future.

11. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

anyone happen to catch the gun finger action that Webb shot at Roczen on his way over the finish line jump? classic...

just tried to find the video on FB I saw earlier but can't find it.. pretty funny though.

12. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

During a routine practice day following Round 3 of the AMA Supercross World Championship series, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing's, Jason Anderson, sustained an injury to his left arm. Anderson has broken his arm in two places, as well as a fractured rib. The injury requires surgery, which will take place today and has an expected recovery time of at least eight weeks. His return to racing is to be determined and further recovery updates will follow. Jason Anderson currently sits in seventh place in the points standings for the AMA Supercross World Championship series.

bummer for JA21
    Ski

TLR67 likes this.
  13. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Damn that sucks.

14. egomezent

egomezent Well-Known Member

No Oakland supercross on TV?

15. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Not until tomorrow

egomezent likes this.
  16. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

3pm EST Sunday for Oakland on NBCSN.

egomezent likes this.
  17. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

The races were good too

18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

you need to get the nbcsports gold ap, with the supercross/mx package. i watched it live last night at 10pm est. last week when nbcsports was tape delayed an hour, i was watching at 10pm est LIVE. the sx/mx package was 89.99 for the year. you get all the sx, and mx action, no commercials (but, lots of delays between heats). you also get ALL DAY COVERAGE if you want. so all of practice, qualifying, before the night program heats, lcq's and mains. and can re-watch ANYTHING YOU LIKE, OVER AND OVER.

if you are like me and NEED to watch live, it is a good thing to have. we combined that with the tunnel bear program, (ip re-locating device), and i can even watch it at our place in Ontario Canada. most sports aps say, view ANYWHERE.... read the fine print, not available in canada. :D ask me how i know.

i have all the spoilers... want them? :D
    Ski

19. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Races were good. I like having the DVR version so I can skip thru a lot of the crap and just watch the races. I watch some of the other stuff but mostly just want the races.

This season is shaping up to be a good one. I think the top contenders were a bit slow out of the gate and aren't pushing their luck/speed yet, but will need to step up their game and get to the top step sooner rather than later.

Marvin seems to be hitting his stride and his speed in the whoops was better (helped that a lot of them were breaking down and easier to jump thru sometimes, he's solid with that). Would have been nice to see him get his win. Given that the top 10 finishers could potentially win any night, it makes the starts that much more important.

I was disappointed for Plessinger, really want to see him get on the podium one of these weekends. Savatgy was very impressive and I think opened some eyes. Baggett probably had the most impressive ride given his start and position after the first lap.

on to San Diego!

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Same. Though, I was wondering, how many guys have been plenty fast on the Yamaha 250, and struggled after switching to the Yamaha 450? Maybe its not the best platform?