1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Nation news for 2019

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

A shameless plug for my former employer in a condensed version

"Pirelli will continue to expand on its support for club level racing in 2019, including the addition of amateur racers to the program. Full details regarding the structure of the 2019 program will be released in the coming weeks. Interested riders should email [email protected] to receive a registration sheet following the program announcement. And here's the 2018 results and this also can be found on RRW

More Than $25,000 in Tire Credits Awarded to Racers Across the Country

ROME, Ga. (January 18, 2019) – Pirelli Tire North America would like to congratulate its 2018 Pirelli Nation Bounty winners from each of the six qualifying regions who accumulated the most club racing points in the 1000, 600, and 300cc classes. All qualifying riders were equipped with Pirelli front and rear racing tires and competed for points from January 1 – December 31, 2018. A Pirelli tire credit of $3,500 was awarded to each winner in the 1000cc class, $1,750 in the 600cc class and $750 in the 300cc class.

The Northwest saw Brian Pinkstaff take the top spot with 43.25 points in the 1000cc class, Dustin Walbon with 139.5 points in the 600cc class and Bryce Markely 23.5 points in the 300cc class. In the Southwest, Marc Edwards used his 42 points to outscore the competition in the 300cc class.

A competitive Central division featured several riders battling for the top spot each of the three classes. Tony Storniolo’s 78 points were good enough to lead the way in the 1000cc class, while Jody Barry bested the 600cc class with 119 points and Drew Jankord 64.75 points in the 300cc class.

It was no surprise that Stefano Mesa proved to be the man to beat in the Northeast, capturing several track records and wins en route to 42.5 points in the 1000cc class. Ryan Jones’ 82.5 points helped him secure the honors in 600cc, while 300cc saw Shawn Barron earn 28.25 points. Mesa’s strong riding carried over to the Southeast with 108 points and another winning effort. Chuck Ivey leveraged several standout performances to score 118.5 points atop the 600cc class.

Mesa (135 points) and Ivey’s (86.75 points) success continued into the wildcard division, where they would earn the most points in the 1000cc and 600cc classes, respectively. Jankord (3.5 points) was awarded the top-finishing rider in the 300cc class. At the end of the season it was Mesa who took home the highest bounty with $10,500. Ivey, Pinkstaff, and Storniolo each collected $3,500 in tire credit."

For more information regarding the 2018 program, visit the dedicated Facebook page HERE.
    To learn more about the complete line of Pirelli motorcycle tires, please visit www.pirelli.com

SpeedyE and JBowen33 like this.
  2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

So is pirelli paying in regionals this year??

3. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Awesome!

4. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

They seen to only pay to the 1st place guy... which is most likely getting tires for free anyway.

rcarson15 and drop like this.
  5. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Whats the scoop with the new tire sizes for 2019? Heard the wsbk sizes are trickling down and we'll be getting a 125/70 front and a 200/65 rear or something?

6. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Yeah,I wanna know how riders are liking this new size? I'm very interested in buying with my next tire purchase.
    Any feedback would be great.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

The 200/65 development tire was introduced to WSBK in May. At the Laguna WSBK June round the whole grid chose the new size over the current 200/60. So it looks good that these will come to North America in 2019 but not sure exactly when.

The new 125/70 front was introduced to WSBK in July so it might take a while before they release it to the commercial market. Development tires can take 6 to 18 months (or more) before they sign off on and release them to the commercial market.

Ducti89 and ToofPic like this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Once the 2019 details are released I'll post them up here for everyone to review.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I for one am hoping they keep the 200/60 available. It barely fits in my swing arm as it is. The warmers have already rubbed the paint off it.

I would have to run DOTs or switch back to the M brand.

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Question 1: What bike are you riding?
    Question 2: OE rear rim size or larger?
    Question 3: Which region are you racing in?

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

2003 R1
    Stock rim
    No racing, just advanced level track days around the Washington DC area

The DOTs would work, but I get more tire life out of the slicks. I also am trying out an SV650. If it works out I may sell the R1 anyway.

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I'm not sure if they will keep the 200/60s around or not at this point, but typically everyone wants the newest and fastest tire. So keeping the old tire around doesn't seem to make sense? But remember it's only January and it could take a few months or more before the new tires it get to the race vendors.

The current 200/60 specs out on a 6.00 rim at 200mm wide with a diameter of 662mm. And yep the clearance can be a bit tight on some bikes but you just need to run a longer chain to pull the wheel back a touch like everybody else does. I expect the new 200/65 will have a larger diameter but I don't have the specs yet, but the bottom line is it sounds like you need a longer chain regardless. And chains do wear out so keep doing what you're doing and reevaluate your choices in March/April.

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

ROME, Ga. (February 7, 2019)
    Pirelli Tire North America will introduce two new sizes of its DIABLO™ Superbike tire lineup, geared specifically toward entry-level sportbikes. The new tires will be available in 110/70-17 front and 140/70-17 rear sizes and reaffirms Pirelli’s commitment to racing and the growing popularity of smaller sportbike racing classes.

Pirelli has expanded on its World Superbike-derived racing slick lineup for 2019, and the new tires are available now through your local Pirelli trackside vendor.

The new sizing options will be available in Pirelli’s SC1 compound. The front tire has been designed for improved handling and grip, while the rear will continue to have the same feel as the current race-proven DIABLO™ Supercorsa tires that have been winning races and setting records across the United States. “Pirelli’s racing team has been working hard to develop sizing dedicated to smaller displacement sportbike racing”, said Oscar Solis, road racing manager, Pirelli. “Throughout the past several years the 300cc and 400cc sportbike popularity has continued to trend upwards, generating interest as an entry-level racing class and for younger riders that are looking to move up through the ranks. Our testing was extremely positive and we have designed a product to meet the needs and expectations of all skill levels on the racetrack.”

For 15 consecutive seasons Pirelli has served as the official tire supplier for all classes in the MOTUL FIM World Superbike Championship, including the World Supersport 300 division. The production-derived world championship is one of the key platforms used by Pirelli to perform an endless amount of research and development around the globe with DIABLO™ Superbike racing slicks. In 2018, Ana Carrasco became the first-ever female motorcycle racing world champion when she captured the World Supersport 300 title aboard her Pirelli-equipped DS Junior Team Kawasaki Ninja® 400.

Pirelli will be attending several upcoming events where technical support and trackside assistance will be present. The events will include the Florida Motorcycle Road Racing Association round at Palm Beach International Raceway on February 9 and the Chuckwalla Valley Motorcycle Association rounds at MSR Houston on February 16 and Chuckwalla Valley Raceway on February 23.

# # #

ABOUT PIRELLI
    Pirelli was founded in Milan in 1872 and today stands as a global brand known for its cutting edge technology, high-end production excellence and passion for innovation that draws heavily on its Italian roots. With around 30,000 employees, Pirelli is a major player in the tire industry and the only global player focused solely on the Consumer tire market, which includes tires for cars, motorcycles and bicycles. Pirelli is now concentrating on High Value tire markets, delivering innovative tires and developing Specialties and Super Specialties for its comprehensive product portfolio. Pirelli has a long link with motorsport and it sustains its technological excellence by bringing innovations developed within the motorsport arena into its consumer products. The company currently supports over 460 car and motorcycle sport events and has been the exclusive tire supplier to the Formula One™ World Championship since 2011. Such a strong presence in motorsport enables Pirelli to transfer a series of avant-garde solutions to its day-to-day operations providing the final consumer with the maximum levels of performance and safety.

Pirelli Tire North America (PTNA) services North America through its Modular Integrated Robotized System (MIRS) facility and research and development center at its Rome, Georgia headquarters, its state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in Silao, Mexico and its New York City, Montreal and Mexico City sales and marketing offices. The company manufactures, distributes and markets original equipment and replacement tires for export and domestic car/motorcycle applications (US, CA, MX) and Agro/Heavy Truck platforms (MX).

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You forget that you're retired again?

gt#179 likes this.
  15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

So today was running to the beer store and working in the garage and watching it snow, so a bit bored

track wagon likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I'm getting stuff ready to fly out West tomorrow, you win :D

track wagon likes this.
  17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Plus once Oscar sorts out some weird details he will launch the new version of the Pirelli Nation program so I need to spread the word for him and the former employer.

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Going west where its supposed to rain and be in the 50s, sounds like GA? I keep trying to go to Highland Park to ride but it keeps raining down where you live. And riding in the rocks and GA clay when it's soupy is no fun!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sunny and mid 70's in GA today :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Of course it is. That's because I'm not riding dammit. I hope to get down to ride in the next month or so.