1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will you ever purchase an electric motorcycle?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 18, 2019.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I would get one for around town / scooter kind of thing when the price, performance and range get into the right zone. They are getting closer.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

^^This

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I can wait for if/when they make a personal flying machine...couldn't care less what powers it as long as it exceeds superbike performance.

Diesel/battery subs are quieter than nukes when running submerged, battery tech has come a long way and still progressing, satellites have set orbital paths, radar isn't picking up a snorkel...there may be plenty of reasons why someone could appreciate those attributes.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

120 years ago IC was still in its infancy. For the tech available at the time, IC was the answer. That’s changing.

5. fastfreddie

SOooo, 120 years from now...
    :D

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No

ToofPic likes this.
  7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Steam power is the next big thing

JBall likes this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Anyone been to Kansas City lately?

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

10. fastfreddie

Powerbands just took on some whole new colors. :D

Peter Hively likes this.
  11. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

I remember when the earth was flat and we all ran around naked chasing our food with sticks. Later, we grew food and shot at it. Still, no one could survive going 60mph...or so we believed, but sure as shit someone did and lived. Then...as crazy as it sounds we learned we could fly...and then a bunch of stupid son's of bitches landed on the moon. You see where I'm going with this.

Yes. Hell yes....

Razr likes this.
  12. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

This is like the manual transmission versus flappy paddle argument. "But muh soul is connected to muh MUH-SHEEEEEEN!" Get over it. Instant torque, less mechanical bullshit to go wrong, and no complaints from the NIMBYs at Laguna Seca. I'd take one in a heartbeat. No screaming pipe to attract unwanted attention. Go make vroom vroom noises in your helmet or stick baseball cards in the spokes or something.

the relic room and jd41 like this.
  13. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

I live in KC
    What ya wanna know ?

14. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

15. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

the hill brothers poach city landscapes on the altas like skateboarders which is kinda punk rock i guess

16. ZimZam

ZimZam Well-Known Member

Once the bugs are worked out, the pricing gets reduced etc, I would consider them. Like Mavericks, the wave is coming. There will be no stopping it.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

i know a dude who flipped a zero trying to wheelie it, just too much torque...

18. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

In the future I think they will be very important. Imagine how many more tracks among the years wouldn't have closed due to noise. Don't get me wrong. I'll still have my 2 strokes. But I'll own one when they are cheap enough and it becomes more of a requirement for certain tracks due to noise.

19. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

some student went all in on an FEA study, what it looks like