1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It ain't cheating till you get caught, FCA???

Discussion in 'General' started by ineedanap, Jan 17, 2019.

1. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

2. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Good thing you got rid of that ecodiesel Cherokee

3. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll take pity on me and give me some cash anyway. :)

If I ever buy another diesel, it'll say Cummins on it.

4. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I want to see more specifics on what they actually did. This should be on every news channel in the U.S., but of course I have to come to the beeb to get the real news. WTF

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maybe it's time to redesign the test. How much did the EPA spend to review millions of lines of code?

6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

If your dodge ram has 10x as many lines of code vs a modern 747 then we need to seriously re-think automobiles these days.

7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

As much as we collectively had in our bank accounts.

8. Dave675

With as many issues you had with it, they should.

Can't go wrong with a cummins, even better once you delete the emission systems ;)

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Which part(s) are they comparing would be a start on that one - but overall plane engines don't have to control as much as cars.

10. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Well, unless it is a Cummins in a Nissan. There you can go wrong.

11. Dave675

Haven't followed those truck at all. What issues are they having?

12. zertrider

They have had a number of issues. Excessive DEF use, hard cold , egr valve and injector problem. I believe they are getting better but early ones had issues.

13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

I guess if we are only talking actual engine controls, but bring flight controls into the picture. Shit the world just watched a new 737 crash because the pilots didn't know all the automated responses the aircraft would force to happen without them inputting any controls.

14. Dave675

That sounds like cummins is trying to recreate a 6.0 power stroke in 5.0 form. :crackup:

But seriously, I don't now how much of that is on cummins and how much of that is on Nissan. I though I read somewhere that the def and diesel particulate filter on the Ram is a Chrysler design and they are responsible for those components. Either way, it sucks to put up a nice chunk of money for a vehicle and have issues with it.

15. zertrider

Just finished spending 7 months driving the 3.0 Ecodiesel in 2015 Ram 1500, and I was very happy with it. Fuel mileage was rediculously good, power was decent and didnt do anything to it other than oil changes. I was quite happy with it. Now driving a Tundra, and this damn thing drinks fuel like it is a 40ft yacht in comparison.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, I think they're just comparing engine to engine. No way it's that low if they add in all of the systems on a plane.

17. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

And just because the code is there doesn't mean it is being used. I'm aware of aircraft systems where the code that is activated is dependent on which aircraft the software is loaded on.
    The comparison in the article to a 787 is dumb.