1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohvale’s now available in the USA

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by gpstar748, Sep 1, 2018.

1. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Bring a few over to my shop. We'll have a look.

2. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

I love my KTM65 and XR100. My 150r was a blast too(sold it this year). The more minis the better. I personally prefer the dirtbike style bikes but can not wait to see a Ohvale in person. Like I said the more minibikes the better. If you sell some in Michigan tell the new owners we ride at East Lansing Kart Track.

3. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

We have sold two in Michigan and are in the process of signing up a dealer so you’ll definitely be seeing them up there.

Once you ride one you’ll feel differently about liking the dirt bike style better I’m sure...

4. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Probably not I’m a fat old man with a beer gut and a bad back. Could not get comfortable on my MD250 moriwaki for the same reason. Darn belly gets in the way!

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

FWIW, I could ride my son's NSR50 or KX65, but couldn't fit on the Moriwaki.

zrx12man and hrc_nick_11 like this.
  6. gpstar748

The Ohvale is an awesome training platform for adults, as well as an alternative for adults who want the same experience and feel of riding/racing a sportbike on the track but without the cost and risk (both financial and physical).

Where the Ohvale really shines though is providing a clear platform for youth riders to learn the sport of roadracing and progress up through classes, in the same way that MX has always done.

If you look at a new KTM SX65 or SX85 the Ohvale’s are exactly in line with them if you’re comparing price points across disciplines. Sorry, but a TTR125 or anything that people currently use is not even remotely a comparison in terms of pretty much everything about them. This is coming from someone who used to ride a CRF150R and loves riding TTR125’s at Colin Edwards Camp before anyone says I’m hating on them. :)

Roadracing needs a clear progression of classes for not only the youth but fans and sponsors in general. Right now anything below the Junior Cup classes is a complete crap shoot and the machinery is inadequate for kids to truly get everything they can in their prime years for soaking up all the knowledge they can when it comes to roadracing. Converted dirt bikes are NOT roadrace bikes.

The idea here is to create spec 110 and 160 classes around the country for youth riders to compete and showcase their talent without worrying about everyone blowing tons of money on engine work and other modifications. The engines all come sealed from factory!

Italy has a National Ohvale Championship with over 200 motorcycles in it across all the classes! Spain is not far behind.

With a platform like this, kids can progress into the Junior Cup and be ready to face the world. Let’s be honest, none of our youth roadracers are adequately prepared to face world level competition in WSSP300 much less Moto3.

Back to the point though...this is what US roadracing has been begging for and now it’s here. It’s just a matter of the masses supporting the brands that are trying to grow and support the sport!

zrx12man, Phl218, TurboBlew and 2 others like this.
  7. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Brandon, this is a great idea. I like where you are steering this for the youth market.

8. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Weird, I noticed that too. I raced an NSR50 for years, but an NX4 RS125 is a special kind of hell.

hrc_nick_11 and Boman Forklift like this.
  9. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

PLEASE GOD MAKE THIS HAPPEN HERE

hrc_nick_11 likes this.
  10. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Agreed

hrc_nick_11 likes this.
  11. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

What are the differences between the Ohvale models? Is it ONLY engine differences? The specs say ‘aluminum swingarm, 33mm fork’ etc, but is it the same brand and spec fork, shock, frame, master cylinder?

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  12. gpstar748

The engine is the only difference in each model. The frame on the 190 is slightly different but purely for mounting mounts for the engine.

nlzmo400r likes this.
  13. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Will there be a demo day at NJMP anytime soon does anyone know?

14. gpstar748

NJMiniGP will have a fleet of demo bikes available at all of their events for 2019. They will have one of each model.

Newyork likes this.
  15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

gpstar748 sucks.

I thought I was done but I'll be damned if you dont have me putting funding together.

Ass.

:)

Phl218 likes this.
  16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

@gpstar748

I know this is going to be a odd request since. You are selling the ohvale. But, what makes the ohvale a better pick over the Buccimoto?

And maybe you dont know enough about those to make a real comparison? But,if I understand the Buccimoto has ohlins? And adjustable rear shock.

Not trying to bash any of them. Just trying to get as much info as I can to see what direction might be best for us,if we decide to go this route.

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Anyone going to have one of these at Talladega in Feb?

18. gpstar748

BucciMoto does not have Ohlins. They run Mupo forks/fork internals, not sure about the shock.

Here’s the basic gist...the BM is a fine bike but they have pretty much all but disappeared in the Italian market as well as Europe in general. They have a decent mini supermoto offering from what I’ve seen but still have no where near the presence as Ohvale.

The price difference is negotiable when factoring in extras that we throw in plus we (Ohvale USA) and Ohvale Italy, actually support the sport and are actively building racing series and classes for youth racers.

Also, when comparing the brands, how many world level riders do you see riding Ohvales and how many do you see riding BM’s? Ohvale doesn’t give bikes away either...

A company selling bikes does not always equate to supporting the sport...

nlzmo400r likes this.
  19. gpstar748

Unfortunately no we won’t be at that event but SFLMiniGP has demo bikes available all year at all of their events

20. damiankelly

damiankelly Well-Known Member

40CD40CE-1859-44F3-A5B8-B69598C0940F.jpeg 40CD40CE-1859-44F3-A5B8-B69598C0940F.jpeg

pscook likes this.