1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vesrah rjl-ss Pads

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Rob P, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I have used the SS and the XX on my ZX10R racebike. I thought the SS had just a tad much in the way of initial bite for my liking. The XX work better for me, and I would imagine for anyone running an upgraded master cylinder.

jd41 likes this.
  2. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

I feel like trying out the ZZ pads. Do you have to prep the rotors when changing between Vesrah compounds?

Also, can't decide between KureyGirl and BDRacing... :confused:. I've ordered from both before and they're both awesome :flag:

3. kurveygirl

kurveygirl Well-Known Member

I always recommend doing the Rotor Prep when installing new Versah brake pads. This goes double in my books, for when you are switching between Vesrah compounds.

Feedback from our customers is the Rotor Prep helps get the best performance and life out of the ZZ pads.

jd41 likes this.
  4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Stop hammering the shit out of the throttle on the exit:p

Ive used a bunch of pads and I keep coming back to the ss or xx pads from vesrah.

Bruce likes this.
  5. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I also tend to hammer the brakes a tad, hence why I like the XX. :blart:

6. svracer22

svracer22 Well-Known Member

Any updates? Anyone using the ZZ?

7. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I bought the ss pads and going to instal them this weekend so I have no feedback. I got them cheap through Curveygirl.com

8. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Been running the SS pads for the past few rounds on my 2016 ZX10R. Initial bite and outright braking power is lower than Brembo Z04, but the Z04's are about twice the cost. Other pads I've run is SBS Dual Carbon, the most affordable of all the 3 but they wear like butter and require a new set every round. Having issues with corner entries in hard braking zones and the rear end unweighting and backing in too much, I'll be giving the XX pads a try and seeing if the less initial bite helps.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Have you spoken with a suspension tuner? I have no idea on your setup, but it sounds like you could go to a stiffer front spring?

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

I've seen good results with XX pads in one caliper on OEM pads in the other (cocktail) for the R6. Good bite, great power and feel. You have to keep track of rotors and pads being matched, but it's not that hard.

K51000 and CR750 like this.