1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for tuners pump and u4.4.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by track wagon, Jan 17, 2019.

1. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

So I have a 2017 zx10r I am building for the track. Not trying to go cheap just less complicated. So 2wheeldyno works I bought their flash. My question if I get a map for U4.4 and use that during the race. Then just use the same map on pump for practice? Wont it just run a little rich on the pump gas? Or should I get a power commander with a map switch? I would still need the maps with the power commander. Or get a Kit ECU.......Aussie Dave has all kinds of maps for it.

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Map switch. And if it's a stock motor isn't mr12 more suited for that?

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Doesn't that thing make 195- 200hp on pump? Pump sounds good to me!

MXjunky and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  4. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

What he said...

Why bother waisting money when that bike develops a s#it load power... unless you wanna run with MA top riders, then ok ! ;)

5. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Pump gas and a proper map. You'll be fine.

track wagon and Ducti89 like this.
  6. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I am a big guy lol I need all the help I can get.

7. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Makes 192 on pump.

8. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I mean I dont want to lose lol. Goal is to be as close to Aussie Dave as I can.

9. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Then rip that engine out and overhaul the s#it out of it... :clap:

5axis and track wagon like this.
  10. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I was thinking just the cam and thinner head gasket parts are 300 bucks and then I just need to Install them. 2wdw has a map already for that setup with the graves.

11. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

I've raced Aussie Dave's bike, it is a smooth criminal when it comes to the handling aspect. I suspect the 07 may not do so well in that department. However, I do think his bike is still for sale and the suspension & braking components are worth the price of admission by themselves.

12. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Werd son!

Nick_OMC likes this.
  13. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

I have a 2017 with ktech. He is going to help me get it set up.

14. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

My Bad. I mis-read and thought you had said 2007. What K-Tech setup did you go with?

15. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

The DDS pro shock with upgraded piston. 25 mil cart in the front non gas charged.

16. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

His swing arm on his bike is worth more than most of the bikes at the track hahaha.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

adding a lesser grade fuel to run to "save" money seems fruitless. Whats the net savings on a weekend to use pump fuel in practice? $40? Is the U4.4 worth any appreciable lap time? Are you going to drain the tank between practice & race sessions?

18. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Track Day before the race weekend? It saves about 100 bucks. Over a season that's about 800 bucks. 2 sets of tires.

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

oh that kinda practice... :D

track wagon likes this.
  20. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Yes I agree on the practice before the races on the same day wouldnt be a piont in changing fuel for that.