1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

ATF changing the ruling and knowing I would use it in gun games where pics may be taken with me shouldering it was what I was thinking. I just don't feel comfortable that the braces will be viable long term. But I suppose I could wait and see.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Well, USPSA answered the question for me. Have to SBR it to use it in PCC. Brace not allowed since it's a "pistol" and the class is specifically for a rifle. Was going to do it anyway, since I think that ATF ruling isn't concrete anyway and this is one instance I would rather be as compliant as possible.

3. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

I shoot a local outlaw match where they let me shoulder my AR9mm but, any event that follows USPSA rules etc it has to be a legal rifle SBR or full 16”.

I wanted the advantage of the lighter barrel of a pistol on my AR9 but didn’t want to mess with an SBR so I bought the Taccom ULW Barrel. Kept it light but accuracy is great. I can drill the dialing tree at 120yrds all day long with the 5.25” Barrel. The 16” alum sleeve makes it legal tho.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Eat a sack of Ds...

download_20190116_224304.jpg

Wingnut, Chris, triplestrong and 4 others like this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

With da Krink!

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This week I put together what I hope is going to be a fun little plinker for a fairly cheap price...

Lower is Palmetto State $129
    Upper Bear Creek Arsenal 7.62x39 $209
    Mag and Carry Handle $30
    Sling $20

So I have a whopping $388 into this thing (and $15 to my FFL guy). Just something to goof with at Grandmas. And yeah, I painted the front handguard and it's a bit too shiny. Need to get it dirty.

[​IMG]

triplestrong, Razr and Sabre699 like this.
  7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Just picked up a P80 hybrid 80%. Anybody else build one of these?
    [​IMG]

8. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

regarding building the p80 yes... It's a really good kit. The only drawback is that it only takes about 30-40mins to complete. I was hoping that it would be a little bit more involved!

dobr24 likes this.
  9. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

My wife just completed a self defense course with Sheepdog Response. One of the things they recommended is the Coolfire training CO2 dry fire kit. It looks pretty cool. It cycles the gun using CO2 while dry fire laser training. Has anyone tried this?

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

11. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

I’ve used simulators that use the same tech. It has its place but I wouldn’t replace it completely with standard dry-firing, which will help her with weapons manipulation amongst other things.

Check out the dry fire mag. Might be a better way to start her out without the cost of the CO2 kits.

wsmc42 likes this.
  12. Sweatypants

haha i was joking about that with my buddy like... "so... can i carry this under a coat on a sling technically? with my CC permit? since its a registered pistol?" and he was like, "well... can you and should you are two very distinctly different answers" haha. i'll pass, but its ridiculous/humorous that its possible, it just kinda makes me shake my head at the stupidity of how all the laws are structured.

Steeltoe likes this.
  13. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Went to J&G yesterday and got one of their $150 Star BM 9mm's. Brought out 6 for me to choose from. Seriously nice surplus range gun for the money.

14. fastfreddie

I'm with ya on that. Bought a Beretta A400 Xcel competition clay shooter, 2+1 capacity, at their Manhattan outlet on Fifth Avenue. Because it's semi-auto, it has to be registered in NY(C?). Being a PA resident, I walked out the door with it, no papers but a receipt...straight into the bank nextdoor to make an ATM withdrawal then on to CVS for a purchase.
    This long-barreled (28"+) semi- is apparently so very dangerous that it needs to be registered. OTOH, my 18" 870 with 6+1 capacity and 4 more in a SpeedFeed stock requires no registration cuz it's a pump. :rolleyes:

15. Sweatypants

I'm not one to tell anyone how to do something different, nor would i care to draw more attention to it... but literally all of it is retarded nation-wide, and from that standpoint, when anti-gun people talk about loopholes and shit, all i can think of is, "you have no idea..."

Carry permit for a state I don't live in that works in 35 other states that I never even really plan on using but was literally just one extra piece of paper and a small fee in a class I already had to take anyways? sure.
    MD ban on assault type weapons, but AR pistol? sure.
    Rifle with a short barrel and stock/collapsible stock is an ATF tax stamped item, short pistol with brace that you can shoulder? sure.
    Foregrip on pistol = bad. triangle slanted foregrip thingy = just fine.
    MD amongst whoever else threw in a ban on binary triggers along with bumpstocks, ok fine, and that's now being fought in the courts due to no grandfathering or buyback on stuff. But that thing literally almost makes these an automatic weapon, and they're fine in a bunch of other states for now. but auto weapons are a big no-no, and the distinction is all in the semantics of its operation, irrelevant to the end result being ALMOST the same. okkkkk...
    Can only buy 10 round mags, but going 15 minutes across state lines to those huge Dulles Expo Center shows into VA and buying? sure.

There's just so much convoluted hypocrisy... its just all ridiculous to me to think about.

16. fastfreddie

As it's always been, it isn't weapons creating problems, it's people.

As for CC-ing that nice piece of machinery, if it ever came time to actually carrying that thing, having a permit wouldn't even be a consideration.

17. Used my sig on a coyote last night, it was easier to quietly aim as I encountered a nice little pack while walking to my spot to get set up.

18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I’ve had hogs in between me and and truck a couple times this year with my bolt action and a flash light... never when I have a light on my ar or something useful. I “need” a pistol with a light :)

19. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Not the Poly80 CL, just a full size v2 version. Pretty simple with a Dremel and some files. Getting the front locking block in was a PITA, but some filing on the sides so it slides in and voila. Put a G22 slide on it. Damn thing is quite easy to shoot. Took little over an hour to do the frame itself, another 40 min to assemble the lpk since I've never owned a Glock based handgun before. Feels better to shoot than a Glock for me. More of a 1911 grip angle. Just finding holsters for it is not real easy.

20. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Then put a light on your pistol....?