1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just sold my TL

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Apr 29, 2015.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes..... Here is the before....
    [​IMG]

2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Oh I saw the before at the GNF...but dammit I wanted the forks if you parted it out!!!

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Anyone else just see a gray circle with a minus sign in the center for your pictures?

K51000 likes this.
  4. ThumpinA2Z

ThumpinA2Z Active Member

Yup, me! Wonder what's up with that?

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

6. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

The pics were there yesterday. Can’t see them now (in my phone) but saw them yesterday (on my laptop).

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Thanks.. I saw them too... I am done posting pics... ever since photobucket went down it’s been a cluster..

sharkattack likes this.
  8. ThumpinA2Z

ThumpinA2Z Active Member

Crazymofo, Steve H whats new with your guys bikes and race mods? Things been pretty quite here!
    Got mine mostly together and running but not much more progress do to constant travel and work.

Picked this up few months ago only because I couldn't afford not to lol..

thumbnail_20181014_164427_resized.jpg

ToofPic likes this.
  9. ThumpinA2Z

ThumpinA2Z Active Member

TLR67, you recover ok?

10. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

the graphite/silver K6 is my second favorite bike! nice pick up! Im been offered to buy my old k6 race bike as well, im considering it, but it would be a road bike if i did and I dont know if im responsible enough to have such things on the road haha.

as for my TLR its about to be torn down for a rebuild. I have a new motor waiting to go into it, its 1147cc motor with big cams and open heads etc. next thing is to make a 30mm longer swingarm.
    i'll put some pics up when i get to doing more to it.

cheers.joe.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes sir... Arm is about 95% but raced at Talladega last weekend...

JTRC51 likes this.
  12. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

And won...Don't forget that part :clap:

JTRC51 likes this.
  13. ThumpinA2Z

ThumpinA2Z Active Member

Lol yes I know what you mean! I had an 05 I bought new back than and hands down It was my favorite I4. I got in more shit on that bike in my mid 40's than ever before lol.

It's always interesting seeing a good racer pushing the TLR to the limits without restrictions to see how far it can be pushed (performance wise) in comparison to todays standards, so looking forward to your future mods/progress!
    Cant wait to see the dyno #'rs on that thing. It will be interesting to see the handling difference with the longer wheel base. May be a bit slower but with more weight on front wheel there should be more grip and feel...Whole new S-arm or just an extension?
    Keep us posted..

14. ThumpinA2Z

ThumpinA2Z Active Member

Good to hear Marc and congrats on the win!
    Still making the rocker arms for the Penske shocks? It was you right? Had someone ask me a while back.

15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No that is Brit Lynn.... He is Brit on this board....

16. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That’s a good deal but shipping to Ohio would suck

18. ThumpinA2Z

ThumpinA2Z Active Member

Oh yes, sorry Marc! I think it was you that put me on to Brit when I was looking for one.

That body work is a good deal but shipping kills it especially to Canada..

19. Steve H

Steve H Well-Known Member

In New Zealand right now where my Mother and two daughters still live.

upload_2019-2-28_21-23-0.jpeg

Have not picked up a new bike here in quite some time. Still have and ride a GSXR 1100. Thirty something years old, 73,000 on the odometer, some scratches and cosmetic stuff but never fallen off ... just did 375 miles on it in 2 days and still love riding this thing.

TLR67 and Britt like this.
  20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

^^^^^ Love it.... On my Bucket list of places to visit...