1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gillette is going to teach you how to act.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Jan 15, 2019.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Oof. This is way off topic now. Sorry. :D

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I say you visit your local police department and ask what the bail amount would be for someone that had put a severe beating on someone else. Get at least double that amount out of them and then let Dern go have some fun.

fastfreddie likes this.
  3. CausticYarn

I am on my own on this one - I'm a big girl. :)

SpeedyE and BigBird like this.
  4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Kick his ass, Seabass!

sheepofblue likes this.
  5. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Look over the papers they present you, go Hmm a few times, then say "my father taught me to never sign something I don't fully understand, so I think I'll consult an attorney". Whether you understand it or not.

Sadly, the woman is often asked to move on and the groper stays in his job in these situations. If that is the case, ask the powers that be why the police weren't called when a sexual assault occurred. If necessary, call the cops yourself right there in the meeting.

G 97 likes this.
  6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

You'll be fine. Just remember, no one in that room is on your side other than you. They want it to go away and will do whatever assures them that outcome. Leverage that to your advantage.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I just never got this... sorry that happened to you and Im all for the guy getting a disabling injury to learn boundaries.
    Couple broken fingers on his dominant hand for starters.

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Fingers heal quickly.

Empty wallets from unemployment dont.

But I feel you Turbo.

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Meh. Fuck the guy. I’ve been around long enough to know to turn misfortune into opportunity. Lawyering up is just about exploiting the business opportunity that he offered. If it comes at his expense somehow, too bad so sad.

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Would you be okay with a public apology for grossly inappropriate drunken behavior? On a personal level, of course. Actions should definitely have consequences on a professional level. I'm just wondering if the attorneys involved will have the guts to ask you what you think would be fair.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Back on topic. :D
    06DB942B-DD0C-4FBA-BA39-887E96D8C830.jpeg

12. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

CausticYarn I hope you get the satisfaction your looking for. That was BS.

On topic, screw Gillette I went with one of these. Just bought 100 new blades for under $20. Keep a blade a couple weeks and toss it.

[​IMG]

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Schick Titanium, blades last a long time and well @#$#@ Ti! come on.

14. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

One of the problems is that the word "toxic" is used clumsily and has no real purpose. Additionally, if true masculinity doesn't include those odious behaviors, then attaching the toxicity to masculinity is counter productive. It poisons the well. If a certain behavior is toxic then label it specifically. It's likely that women engage in many of these as well. This whole thing has now created an environment where large companies see fit to tell an entire gender how to behave. Imagine if they pulled the same stunt on women.

I have a hard time believing that the people that coined the phrase had altruistic motives. I try to be level-headed about these subjects, but when I hear a woman use that phrase, all I think is "Fuck off. You don't have the first clue." The entire approach is doomed to the failure of conflict. I think that was intentional.

speeddaddy likes this.
  15. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

It’s cool: there’s a counter movement.
    Their term is Get Woke: Go Broke and apparently a lot of game manufacturers are sliting their own throats by jumping on the #metoo bandwagon.

16. CausticYarn

Thanks guys - I will update everyone tomorrow, probably start a separate thread. :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  17. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

But this happened in front of 50 people? You're not alone.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

If you decide to take the fisticuffs route, draw me a map. LOL. :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Being drunk is not an excuse for anything.
    Don't drink if you can't hold your liquor.
    Btw, don't drink with the people you work with is a good rule.

All things I learned the hard way.

SpeedyE, BigBird, MachineR1 and 2 others like this.
  20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

For work events, "arrive late, talk less, drink less, leave early."

This is especially true for managers.

MachineR1 likes this.