1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Zwifters on the beeb?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cannoli, Jan 13, 2019.

1. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I use Bkool. It’s a similar idea to ErgVideo where you’re actually on a real road with video or you can be a 3D character. The video quality isn’t great but good enough for my laptop, not so much if you link it to a TV. The 3D mode is lacking in graphics (think original PlaySation) but there’s a TON of routes and workouts. They have their own line of smart trainers that are quite cheap and work well but I believe are only ant+ not BT so doesn’t work with Zwift. They recently did an upgrade to their system though so I could be wrong.

https://www.bkool.com/en

*New trainer is Bluetooth so would work with Zwift

2. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Exactly the reason you mentioned. I don't want to swap tires just to ride the occasional nice winter day, so I just leave it on the trainer all winter. I just bought some nice wheels and all the extra parts to make a swap "easy", but then realized that now I need to adjust the derailier every time I swap. So it's really gotta be direct drive or nothing.

Also I don't really like having to calibrate my snap all the time

Greenhound386 likes this.
  3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I have the Wahoo direct drive and am quite happy with it. Came from the Snap (or whichever one used the rear wheel) and this is worth the added money IMO.

It's 10 seconds to swap the bike on and off the trainer - which is good when the weather is back and forth and I decide I'd rather go outside. Also going from the 12-speed on my bike to the 11-speed on the Wahoo doesn't really matter as I don't need to shift in the workouts.

I will say this mild winter so far has had me riding outdoors more and finding it harder to motivate on the trainer. I'm sure that'll change later this month/come February.

Cannoli and tecknojoe like this.
  4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Zwift is more for social people. Graphics are shit. It can be fun to ride with people you know or groups, etc. ErgVideo has awesome video quality, and if your goal is to become a stronger/faster rider than Erg is the way to go along with Training Peaks. You can use a free version of Training Peaks. No video but good guidance. I use all three depending on what I'm trying to accomplish and my mood.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I got a barely used Computrainer off ebay with all the bells a whistles for $350.

Greenhound386 likes this.
  6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

On my ride last night, R. Hayden (USA) came flying by me.. I chuckled and saw, yup, that R. Hayden....:crackup:

Greenhound386 and 50Joe like this.
  7. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Maybe see if zwift, TP and others are still doing free trials and check them out.

The calibration put me off the snap and to a lesser extent the kickr. Seeing second hand prices I justified buying a top tier direct drive, Drivo, it's the most accurate, requires no spindown, ugly as hell but otherwise great. It measures speed and cadence and can do pedalling analysis too (which I don't use). Good support also.

8. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Little off subject but anyone use the peleton bike?

9. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

It's not Zwift compatible if that's what you're asking. Well, not easily. Some have done it with great effort.