1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glendale SX round 2 (Phoenix)

Discussion in 'General' started by gt#179, Jan 12, 2019.

1. condon66

condon66 Member well known

He worked with someone in the off specifically for that. He's totally aware of the weakness but is yet to overcome it.

2. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Mookie’s crash sort of dominated the race. He hit a ton and broke his femur https://racerxonline.com/2019/01/13/malcolm-stewart-injury-update
    and apparently knocked himself out. The crash was so hard and he was down so long before they moved him it was worrisome.

It also changed the outcome of the race, it let Anderson get to and pass Roczen. I’m one of those who thought the pass was ok, that Roczen line into and through the corner, outside/across the line/inside, was the problem, but I get that folks want to ride clean and want Roczen to succeed.

Cool that Baggett got his first win, he deserved it, cool that Anderson looked so good.

Good for Roczen to get on the box, too, and Tomac—is that guy lucky or what? He could have been knocked off in the first corner of the LCQ and still is second in points. The season looks really great.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Races are on NBC right now.

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

bring back Fro ...

gt#179 likes this.
  5. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Fro real...

I wish it were Fro and Weig. get rid of Shaheen.

6. 418

418 Expert #59

I think Shaheen does a decent job with SX. He's been doing it long enough.

I guess Roczen is my pick now since Malcom got injured. Bummer.

If 94 can stay healthy...

7. JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest Abe Froman, the Sausage King of Chicago

Props to Anderson for admitting it was a cheap shot move and on KR94 & owning it. Even if the move was debatable. Kind of beat himself up over it. Genuine or not, who knows. But respect meter inched up a notch.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  8. Those were my thoughts. If he wasn’t genuine he should take up a new career in acting.

JonnyQuest likes this.
  9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Seems like the racing has gotten "cleaner". Not sure if they added rules to do so or not? I remember Reed pulling some downright big time cheap shots on JS7. JS7 wouldn't start the cheap shots but he would counter once Reed started it. People seem to love Reed but I still remember those days and he is one of my least favorite riders in SX.

10. JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest Abe Froman, the Sausage King of Chicago

JS7 would retaliate by calling Reed a racist for making those moves.
    Fact: Reed's grandfather is black.

11. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I personally never heard JS7 make those comments. Not denying he did but I never personally heard him do that. Still doesn't deny the fact that Reed typically couldn't beat JS7 without pulling an asshat move on the track.

JS7 was by far the fastest SX rider at the time but his speed bit him too many times and caused too many injuries. If he could have tempered his speed he would have had a much longer career.

stk0308 and JonnyQuest like this.
  12. swiest152

swiest152 Zoran's headache

Anderson's move on Roczen was clean. Racing incident. Kenny said he just didnt hear Anderson there, he's not mad about it. And he's got the points lead

Really sucks for Mookie, he was looking so good. This would have easily been his best year on a 450.

13. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

On the podium Roczen said that he would have to look at the tape to make up his mind on if it was dirty. In my opinion, that means it wasn't. I if the guy that hit the ground couldn't tell then it wasn't that bad.