1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Hate Asking This

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Prospect, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I've never come across a pair of rear sets that I wasn't been able to ID, before today.
    Any idea what these are, friend says Satos but I'm not sure, doesn't say Sato anywhere.
    Bike is an 08 Chaotic is an idjit.

I want to to order replacements and was playing with the idea of selling this set and getting 2 units of another brand........not sure at this point.

[​IMG]DSC_0870 by SurgeRR, on Flickr

[​IMG]DSC_0871 by SurgeRR, on Flickr

2. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I use to have a cheap set named revrush. They looked just like those but for a cbr. That company went out of business long ago.

Prospect likes this.
  3. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Thanks a bunch for the feedback.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

All of the Sato's I've seen have the words "Sato Racing" engraved/etched into the metal somewhere, usually on the lower part of the shift and brake lever. I've also seen knockoffs from China on eBay that look very similar to the Sato design.

....and that is definitely NOT a 2008 GSXR 600/750 or 1000. Assuming by "Chaotic is an idjit" you mean a GSXR.....that bike is an R6.

Steeltoe and Prospect like this.
  5. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

My bad, thought the R6 was the Chaotic is an idjit. Last time I typed R6 into a post it changed to Chaotic is an idiot though o_O.
    Yup it's an R6, and that is exactly why I didn't think they were Satos, it doesn't say 'Sato Racing' anywhere.
    Thanks for the feedback.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Nope Gixxer is the word you're looking for (G-I-X-X-E-R)

Prospect likes this.
  7. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

8. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

ive used them, they just need little washer on both sides of the lever bearings and use longer, stronger bolts for pegs( i would bend them) also had pegs re knurled deeper. they crashed well and shifted smooth.

9. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I was thinking of going Attack instead, I'm worried about the overall toughness, I'm a big guy.

10. racepro171

racepro171 to finish first, first you must finish!

im 195 and ride very much on my toes to help steer. ive bent the stock bolts on alot of brands. not trying to convince you to use them, just saying that for $100 I would deffenatly use again.

11. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Exactly my thought. The toughest rearsets I've ever tried in terms of feel and grip are the Attacks, rock solid. I could feel the difference between them and the V2 Vortex rearsets they replaced instantly
    Vortex claim that their new V3 2.0 rearsets are made from 7075 T-6 aluminum, same material as the Attacks, so I might give them a try.