1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gout

Discussion in 'General' started by Steak Travis, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:crackup:

2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Not likely. Bone spur, bunions, or plantars wart more likely.

3. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Well Said Gentleman!

As has been said, the most common joint in the 1st MTP joint, or base of your great toe. Can go to almost any joint however

4. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

[​IMG]

Razr likes this.
  5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

In.

Man, as if I don't have enough joint issues, in just the past 1-2 yrs, I've noticed out of nowhere sharp piercing like pain in my ankle. It's currently happening in my left ankle and when I say it comes out of nowhere it does, it's weird. It'll be so painful that I can barely walk, a few hours later like nothing was ever wrong.

Been wondering if it's the gout but I don't get a rash or inflammation and I think that's a sign???

6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

ankle has gotten better but I've been chugging water, eating better and not drinking. Also my stress level is way down from when it was. I found an X-ray of my left ankle from years ago after I thought I rolled my ankle after a night of being downtown.... So who knows. I'm going to take notes and see if it's always the same ankle. I've also not been hyper focusing on it and probably causing some of it psychosomatically.... I guess

7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

All this talk about gout and I just got a flare up. I wonder if I just cut off my big toe if it would go away or would it manifest in a new joint? Oh well time to give up sugar, red meat and beer. Only the last one really bothers me....

8. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Are you sure that you aren't getting blackout drunk and twisting your ankle? Bachelor party, 15 IPAs...just sayin. :D

9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

and the Beeb delivers yet again. the last few years, one or 2 times a year, my right knee, or ankle will get REALLY PAINFUL, REALLY FAST, with no known injury or impact, it lasts a few days, and then it is gone. Thursday afternoon, the right ankle started getting tight, and painful to put weight on. over night it became worse.

Friday (yesterday), I had to leave work it was so painful. wife is an NP so, we did some research, tried a few things similar to this threads recommendations. seemed better later in the day. BUT, about midnight, trying to sleep.... HOLY MOTHA FUKA, ankle turns red, warm to touch, looked at foot/ankle, almost twice the size of the other.

thank god for my wife, and her hording meds we have used in the past. had to take some serious anti-inflammatory, and pain drugs, along with tart cherry, and vit C. iced it and within a few hours, i was more comfortable. going to get corticosteroids, this am.

this was the most intense localized pain i have ever experienced. i have broken bones, destroyed knees, shoulders, wrist... IT WAS BAD! if some of our friends or family talk about this, dont poo poo their grief, THIS SHIT IS THE REAL DEAL, IN DISCOMFORT. I think i would rather have back to back root canals, and slam my dick in a door, before having this again. WOW!

Ski

10. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

I suffer it myself. IPA is a trigger for me. Couple oz of cherry juice a couple times a week helps.

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Allopurinol is your friend.