1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Football Playoffs/Bowl Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Spang308, Dec 18, 2018.

1. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

I got my Clemson futures last night as soon as they posted the lines. Picked up a little on Georgia as well. I had Clemson on the money line last night. Loved every minute of that game!!

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You Clemson folks need to be better winners. :D

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'd go with 'bama being better losers.:D

I'd go with 'bama being better losers.

Damn....was that good for you too?:D

dtalbott and stk0308 like this.
  4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Not just somone, but Saben himself uttered those very words at the halftime interview.

Razr likes this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Sabanists. The guy is a toilet.

Razr likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Boss kept thinking Bama had it locked down, I kept telling her Clemson has a great team and ignore the supposed experts. Tuesday morning was a very fun I told ya so moment :D

dtalbott likes this.
  7. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Im really surprised at how Saban & crew got out coached so badly, totally unexpected. Seems to me talent wise Bama does not have a striking advantage anymore. Im sure they will both be there next year, hopefully its a closer game. Great job tigers

8. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Just saw this. https://www.foxnews.com/sports/xfl-...rules-as-young-stars-rise-in-college-football
    I'm still not convinced the XFL will actually play a game, but it will definitely put some pressure on the NFL which will result in rule changes.

Any further comment on this is probably dungeon material but the timing of the XFL announcement last year seemed awfully strategic.

9. ClemsonsR6

Oh no doubt, it will be Bama, Clemson, and Georgia top 3.

10. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Now that Clemson has "ascended", their coordinators and assistants are going to start getting offers. If you truly want to be a "powerhouse", you have to deal with the yearly losses of coaches. Oh, and the day the Nicktaitor announces he's moving on, Dabo will jump ship for that job.

11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Nope. They've all been offered head coaching jobs. They have turned them down to stay put with the soon to be dynasty they helped build. It should also be noted they are some of the highest paid assistants and coordinators in all of college football. Couple that with Brent Venables kid being a linebacker on the team and another one coming and I feel he'll safely be a Tiger for at least the next few years.
    Jeff Scott and Tony Elliot have both been offered positions as well and turned them down. Not saying they're staying forever, but they aren't jumping ship without a really solid offer at a non dumpster fire school.
    I know Bama fans are obsessed with the idea of Dabo defecting to Elephant land once Saban retires.
    Ask yourself if you'd bail on a program you've built from the ground up with the full support of the athletic department when you have won 2 of the last 3 national championships and likely will win 2 out of the NEXT 3 coming your way. It ain't about money with him either. He has deflected money away from himself to give raises to his assistant coaches and staff.
    In short, dream on Roll Tide fans, Dabo ain't going nowhere. Have fun with Lane Kiffin when Satan retires.

12. ClemsonsR6

You're out of your fucking mind.

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

He is a former Tide player, a walk on. What better way to show your gratitude than coming back at some point and being the head coach.

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Crushing the team that made you walk on instead of offering you a scholarship and showing them you knew what the hell was going on with the team you built on your own from the ground up. But maybe that’s just me. :D

Boman Forklift likes this.
  15. ClemsonsR6

Why in the hell would he abandon the only University who took a gamble on him and put a 38 year old wide receivers coach with no prior coaching experience in charge of a major college football program? A University who has made him wealthy beyond his dreams. A University where he is worshipped. A University where he has built not only a power house, "Dynasty" program, but who has done it both putting God First and the STUDENT back into student athlete. A University where he saw 2 of his 3 boys graduate and play college football at. A community that he loves and feels connected to.

He's going to leave all that to go step into Nic's shadow? Nah homey.....it will NEVER happen.

ZimZam, Spang308 and Kev59 like this.
  16. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Are you going to go to the parade Saturday? I figured you and or Howie might be there.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Never say never. These guys always seem to want to coach where they played.

18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Exactly this.
    One of things I admire most about Dabo is his "family atmosphere" approach. Simply put, he doesn't want thug life trouble makers on his team regardless of talent level. They can go to Miami.
    Listen to his players being interviewed after a game (win or lose). Pure class and well spoken. His players are men when they leave school. And more and more are headed to the NFL...with degrees.
    He ain't going anywhere.

19. ZimZam

ZimZam Well-Known Member

You make me wanna move to Pickens, but I hate kudzu.

20. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

This. There are three kids from town on that team and they all say the same thing; once you're there, you're family.