1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One - Which Bike and Car Games to Buy

Discussion in 'General' started by MotoGP69, Jan 9, 2019.

1. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

My 8yo son got an Xbox One for Xmas. I’m not much of a gamer but there’s probably some cool shit out there that we could play together. What do you recommend?

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Forza is awesome but might be a little too technical for a 8 y.o. You might want to look for something more arcade and less "simulator" to start.

BrianC636 likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too technical til the 8yo kicks your ass :D

4. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Yeah, he’s a sharp kid and will definitely hand me my ass on anything we get.

5. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

My 8 year old loves Forza, not too technical at all, but he does race motorcycles, so he understands the use of gas and brakes.

BigBird likes this.
  6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Not bike or car but Minecraft and Fortnight (first person shooter) come to mind.

7. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

*third person shooter :Poke:

:p

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

fortnite is good, my almost 8 yo is a little to OCD about it, so he has been effectively banned, but it's a good dance teaching tool :)

Forza for sure

9. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Lego Marvel superheroes you can both play co-op and is a fun game

10. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

This is a good one. The Harry Potter ones were fun and challenging

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Agreed, but OP asked for bike/car games. All the Lego games are pretty much like that (co-op and easy to play for kids). I would also recommend GTA :D

[​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  12. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

My 6 and 8 year old both like to play Forza Horizon. We just picked up a used need for speed game my 6 year old started playing.

The Horizon series is more arcade that sim I think.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  13. k_cotter

k_cotter Well-Known Member

The Vr46 Rossi game is pretty good in my opinion, takes a bit to get used to if you haven't played any of the 'ride' games. But you can buy it for cheap right from the xbox store and download it to your system, which helps as it would be hard to find at a store. Think I paid 30 bucks for it if I recall correctly....

14. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Ride2 or 3

ToofPic likes this.
  15. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Ride 3 is fun. One of the best parts is being able to mess with paint schemes on race bikes so that you can figure out how you want to paint your own.

16. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

It can be either by changing the view... just saying. :Poke:

:beer:

17. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Are we talking about the same game? Never heard of the ability to change to first person.