1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coffee better than Energy Drinks

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jan 5, 2019.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Please don't let everyone know, then motorcycling and heck most motorsports would be in trouble, but NBA players are catching on ( I would just read from midway through)

"I thought it gives more of a good, even energy source than when you take some of the high-sugar, high-carbohydrate drinks," Kaman says, "[which] really just gives you spikes."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...l-blazers-nba-most-well-traveled-team-running

Sent from my smatrfone

2. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

What about no sugar energy drinks? Doesn't sound like they'd get enough caffeine either, say a decent cup is 75-100mg, in a another sport I've heard from some pros in cycling (pre race not workout) that say you need 3-4mg per kg bodyweight to be performance enhancing. 3-4 cups of milky coffee = spew.

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

With a ph- level under 3 in 99% of them, I wouldn’t even wipe my ass with that stuff

StaccatoFan and BigBird like this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Coffee for the win...(sitting here downing a 22 oz. mug). :D

5. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Well, I like them, or at least some of them. All the different Monster flavors in particular, plus they have cool can graphics. Redbull? Not so much.

I try not to afford them very often because I know they "aren't healthy", and they cost way too much, but I do like them. And, obviously so do a lot of other folks.

I'm primarily a coffee drinker though.

On a race weekend, it's coffee for breakfast then a Monster at lunch.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Java Bean Monster FTW

galloway840, Razr, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The artificial sweeteners and colors have they’re own negative effects. Ever seen a fatass that guzzles Diet Coke? There’s a reason for that.

8. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

I did drink a VR46 monster once. It was at a discounted price and the can was impressively painted,I had it for decoration. I drunk it shortly before the expiry date,too sweet for me.

I'm drinking tons of coffee,almost any kind greek,espresso,cappuccino or *freddo espresso/cappuccino ,filter coffee always without a single sugar grain. I have the habit of eating something sweet along with the coffee,though. It enhances the coffee flavour.

*(anyone who has visited Greece,knows.I don't drink frappe,though :D )
    https://europeancoffeetrip.com/greek-superb-cold-coffees-freddo-espresso-freddo-cappuccino/

G2G and Phl218 like this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Delusional?

BigBird likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Some, yes. But it also does some strange things with blood sugar and insulin that lead to overeating other foods:

Because diet soda is usually calorie-free, it would be natural to assume it could aid weight loss. However, research suggests this solution may not be so straightforward.

Several observational studies have found that using artificial sweeteners and drinking high amounts of diet soda is associated with an increased risk of obesity and metabolic syndrome (7, 8, 9, 10).

Scientists have suggested that diet soda may increase appetite by stimulating hunger hormones, altering sweet taste receptors and triggering dopamine responses in the brain (11, 12, 13, 14).

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

HEY!
    I drink Coke Zero now.
    Dick.

:D

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Whatever, fatass:crackup:

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

you are so lovely to each other. just warms the heart.

14. jim weaver

jim weaver Well-Known Member

diet drinks without caffeen definatly the debels work!

beac83 likes this.
  15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

They should try a bang energy drink, they are actually really good and 300 mg of caffeine

16. swetngblts

swetngblts Well-Known Member

Bang is the newest, latest and greatest. I never cared for monsters, red bulls or any of those. All the Bang flavors ive had are good.

noles19 likes this.
  17. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Other than Red Bull’s and vodka way back in the day. I had a monster or rockstar don’t know Juiced I think It was called. I couldn’t keep my mouse steady on my computer. I drink a ton of coffee every day but that thing was another animal.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Go retro - Jolt Soda.

The rest are just imitators

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Is this really a debate?

In other news, inhaling a mixture of 78% nitrogen and 21% oxygen is better than cigarette smoke...

BHP41, TurboBlew and yuengling910 like this.
  20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Jolt is a damn fine tasting cola.

Cannoli likes this.