1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I want to buy physical gold.

Discussion in 'General' started by Beer Slut, Nov 30, 2012.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Gold is a commodity. Unlike other commodities a significant part of it's value is perception of the public (vs say oil). Like all commodity investing it is risky. I have a small amount as amusement it is not an investment just shiny stuff to look at like an old coin etc. Oh and if you are considering gold investment do not forget to factor in the cost of buying AND selling along with the difficulty of each. Selling is harder and more expensive.

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Don't forget tools and machinery in your shtf investments...and toilet paper. TP will be worth more than triple-digit Federal Reserve Notes. :crackup:

I'm not too worried about food. I live close enough to the back door of a Walmart. Ain't gonna be no pensioners there to stop me from exiting after the raping of the warehouse...they'll be busy greeting the zombies tryin' to storm the front door.

One of my buddy's plans is to rape my neighborhood, then use my place to rally a convoy headin' towards the deep and rugged PA interior.
    I don't know how welcoming I'll be if he shows up at my door. I have no intentions of going anywhere...all my shit is right here at home, a defendable base that could serve as one of many fall-back positions for a community defense program (one road in/out). Plus, I have half-a-dozen LEOs in the neighborhood...they should be good for organizing/overseeing patrol/gate duty or somethin'.
    Me? Get off my lawn...unless you're here to ask my participation in an overwatch capacity. :D

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m not sure about all this raping you have planned?

4. fastfreddie

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Figure you for a "prepper" that has sufficient stocks of MREs? :D I just got 4 cases for Xmas. Courtesy of some nice Panhandle hurricane survivors. The stuff is pretty good considering it wont spoil. Leaves alot of waste packaging though.
    The heating element is genius!

6. fastfreddie

Prepper? Nah, haven't you heard? I keep my stores on the back shelves at Walmart. :D

Preppers...puttin' themselves in a rigidly structured environment of their own doing which is likely to be their undoing. What a waste of energy and resources...
    I'll be pickin' up their pieces - scavenging is easy and requires no home.

Looked at another way, preppers are cowards. A good lot of 'em prolly have zero training to successfully brave it on their own and likely don't trust themselves to keep their shit together in a community of people who will all be going through the same ordeal. So...selfish, too.
    And, hey, they have a stockpile of ammo for them AKs, ARs, and 10/22s to keep 'em alive and safe. :rolleyes:

Me, and my plans? That's classified. :crackup:

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Sheep inherit the planet check the good book

8. fastfreddie

No. The meek...as in not boisterous or proclaiming their plans for domination. :D

9. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

I’ve had silver and gold in various amounts for the last 11 yrs. Wealth protection mainly. There’s something to be said for the peace of mind if the dollar gets replaced as the world currency, inflation, etc. Nice to be able to hold something more then a piece of paper...or an e statement on my phone. That’s just me tho. I’ve also sold some at some high points. Not a bad gig.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  10. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

blazing saddles.jpg