1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use a Tile location device

Discussion in 'General' started by duggram, Dec 27, 2018.

1. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

I'm not paying an annual fee and they work as expected. You were definitely a pioneer.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

I think you may have jinxed yourself...that's like the equivalent of the announcer kiss-of-death.

"Hey Kenny, He's hit his last 99 Free throws. Well Bob, up for the 100th and well, he clanks it off the front of the rim" Works 60% of the time everytime :D

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:
    Even my elderly parents don't have as much trouble as these folks.

4. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

My wife bought me some kind of Key ring that you charge and has a locator app for the smart/Iphone.
    You're supposed to put individual keys in it screw it back together so that the keys rotate around the hole/axis and collapse into the handle thingy.

I took one look at the directions-
    - lets just say I thanked her, and she went online and printed a return label for it.
    No thanks

5. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Had em, worked for shit, returned them.

I wanted them in my keys so I can beep them in the house and know where I put them.

The pOS wouldn’t work inside of my house...constantly wouldn’t Bluetooth connect.

So...I’m spending 5 minutes trying to get the shot to connect and even if it did connect it wouldn’t always want to beep.

Useless. Outside of your house it uses other people who have the tile app installed to locate your tile. So if you live where there isn’t a lot of tile users you’re SOL.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Procedure for knowing where you keys are...

1. Pick a spot inside the house. Preferably something flat to set them on but you can hang them if you wish.

2. Walk into house and set or hang keys in preferred spot.

3. Return to said spot when it is time to leave the house...

Repeat as necessary....

Tips for not losing your keys...

1. Keep them in one spot.

2. Don't put them in the dryer today and then toss them in a shoe at the bottom of the closet the next day.

If you are going to keep them in the dryer...then always keep them in the dryer. It may not be smart but it will at least be "consistently" dumb.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Excellent system for those that live alone.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

But I don't live alone. It also works if you both agree not to move each others shit.

Rico888 likes this.
  9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Now there's the fly in the ointment.

Rico888 and R Acree like this.
  10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's what I do when I can't find something, blame my wife for touching my shit. :crackup:

Newsshooter and auminer like this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Two words: Flash Clean

More items have been lost to flash cleaning for short notice guests than by any other reason. I keep keys and wallet in my pocket and switch them each day. Haven't lost them yet.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Plus they got you for drawing maps...

:D

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Pfffttttt, this coming from the guy who lost his mind years ago. :Poke: