GSX-R 600 Racebike stolen at Willow!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Slaughter, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Slaughter

Slaughter Member

A fellow racer had his bike stolen in the night at Willow this weekend. He talked to us at racer's meeting - saying this bike is strictly race - would be almost impossible to convert back to street-legal for less than the cost of buying a used 600 -- so be on the lookout for the bike or some of its parts.

This pains me to find that some festering hemmorhoid on society's rectum stole somebody's racebike and I'd just like to spread the word. Help spread the word - if you have the time, please post on some of the many sportbike and race boards.

Because it is a race-only bike - maybe spread the word in tech to check VIN's on "new" bikes that might coming through tech for the first time.

Of course, if it's parted out... well...

I know Rising Sun recovered their stolen TZ250 when everybody spread the word and the market was too "hot" - and the bike was found within a week -- abandoned but still intact - except for the bodywork

He's going to be emailing pics later today. He only woke up to this yesterday morning so he's still getting it together.

Thanks to all. We all know how pissed off we'd be if this happened to us. In a way, this makes me feel just a little more vulnerable.

Here's the specifics from the note in Roadracingworld.com:

Edit by Mongo - as much as I love helping out other racers please don't repost copyrighted material, the link to it is more than sufficient.

2. Atom Tan

Atom Tan A.C.'s little secret

`

I posted this info on a couple of other boards for you...

3. Slaughter

Slaughter Member

Thanks man.

You could just feel the anger at the racer's meeting when they announced this. Especially since it was stolen right from his pit at the track.

We'll all hope this never happens to one of us.

thanks again.

4. Slaughter

Slaughter Member

Mongo -

Sorry about that! Normally I pay better attention - you are right thanks for setting it straight.

Steve

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No worries :)

6. Slaughter

Slaughter Member

7. Slaughter

Slaughter Member