1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tying down bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Ac1030, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

Do this. Double straps on the rear works too but the single is easy and gives you a spare strap for other stuff.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Ive trucked a friends Harley up to the local HD dealer... 4 guys came out to help unload it...lol. Of course their help arrived about the time the rear wheel touched the ground. They told me to NOT unload the bike by myself in the future...:rolleyes:

3. WERA 904

WERA 904 Well-Known Member

No, sorry. A standard sheet of plywood. 4×8 whatever lowes sells.

pjzocc likes this.
  4. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Baxley chock, and the Vortex handlebar cuffs. This has been the best combo for me.

5. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Canyon dancer can crush/ovalise the throttle tube as well

6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

+1 to a Baxley and soft ties on the lower triple

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Man reading this thread make me love my TRS's even more....... I think I might even Mod one up for my Toolbox like Gary Virgin has..

8. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

if you cant use a pitbill trs, I am not a fan of canyon dancers, been there, don't that, don't like em. the cycle cinch is easier, and better for the grips, and tie down points. we have trs for the dirt, street and track. unless I NEED to load one in the truck bed (rarely), we use the trs, way more secure, no worries. Ski

9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Always ratchet straps on the front and a couple regular on the back. Learned that the hard way when 1 regular let go over a set of railroad tracks in Vt. Never had any problems with the canyon dancer but I've always used a piece of PVC over the grips.

10. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

sdiver loaned me his trailer w/ baxley chock, back in 2002. He told me, "The chock is so good you almost dont need tie downs" Meaning, the chock is awesome!
    My remedial/lazy brain took that as "no tie downs, less work, yay!!!!"
    Lesson learned, when the bike parted ways with the trailer, in a subdivision @ 20mph, LOL.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

All of this except I never had issues with my Canyon Dancer messing up grips. I'm just mindful when I put the thing on. Thousands of miles well over a decade.

Ready Ramp
    Cyclegear Baxley knock off
    Three straps. Two in front. One over the seat.

12. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

This is what I do .. ^^^^^

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

As other have said, Baxley chock and soft ties on the lower triples. Works great, won't break throttles.