1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mattis forced out

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 20, 2018.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Toe just suffers from white guilt, he doesn't have TDS.
    Toe's pretty fly for a white guy.

Britt likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I honestly think that you might be the only person who didn't know that you liked Trump. You remind me of my best friend. He didn't know that he was dating the woman he ended up marrying until I told him that she was his girlfriend. He actually thought that they were just friends.

Britt and blkduc like this.
  3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

No offense ST but I completely disagree with your assessment. If you follow Trump's mantra since his campaigning days, it's ALWAYS been about other countries needing to either step up in fighting off groups like ISIS or help fund it. He always hinted that the US being the worlds POLICE needs to stop because our HOME BASE needs fixing. Perhaps, he's doing just that?

Like others have shared, I am ALSO terrified that the progress we made with ISIS being lost by pulling out but I am also hopeful that we won't actually be completely out of it either. Meaning if a coalition reaches out for air support (ie. drone work) we'll be there for them.

War isn't an easy subject, contrary to the fools suggesting Republicans/conservatives are now snowflakes, we were NEVER PRO WAR. No one in the right minds WANTS to send their countrymen's children off to war. But if we do, we damn well be sure we're giving them the right tools and ROE to get the job done right and that has ONLY been consistently done with a REPUBLICAN President. So the hell with anyone else regurgitating a different/fake story line.

We've seen a lot of bloodshed these past 12-15 yrs, I'm OK with our nation taking a break fixing other people's problems while we repair our own.

4. In Your Corner

If ISIS regroups in Syria then the Syrians and Russians can deal with them.
    We always have Israel to bomb the shit out of problem areas and it would be
    cheaper to just supply them with more weapons.
    What the hell is our interest in Syria? Or Afghanistan?
    OBL is dead, supposedly we were there to get him, even though he wasn't there.

5. In Your Corner

The New York Times has a consistent position on Syria: The opposite of whatever Trump wants

On Jan. 19, the Times’ editorial board railed against the White House after former Secretary of State Rex Tillerson explained that the U.S. planned to “maintain a military presence in Syria focused on ensuring ISIS cannot re-emerge.”
    Tillerson said, “Our military mission in Syria will remain conditions-based.”

The Times was aghast, claiming Tillerson's words meant U.S. engagement "without any end date or public benchmarks for success."

“As of last month, there were about 2,000 American troops in Syria — up from 500 a year ago — a mix of engineering units and Special Operations units that fight and train with local militias in the battle against the Islamic State. Now that we know they will be there indefinitely, who can say the number won’t go higher and the mission won’t creep more?” the board asked in an editorial titled “ Syria Is Now Mr. Trump’s War.”
    ----------------​
    Fast-forward to Dec. 19, to Trump's surprise announcement that he’d withdraw 2,000 American troops from Syria within 30 days, and the Times’ editorial board is attacking the president. Again.

“There is no indication that Mr. Trump has thought through the consequences of a precipitous withdrawal, including allowing ISIS forces to regroup and create another crisis that would draw the United States back into the region,” the board said in an editorial titled, “ Trump’s Decision to Withdraw From Syria Is Alarming. Just Ask His Advisers.”

It added, “An American withdrawal would also be a gift to Vladimir Putin, the Russian leader, who has been working hard to supplant American influence in the region and who, on Thursday, enthusiastically welcomed the decision, saying, ‘Donald’s right.’ Another beneficiary is Iran, which has also expanded its regional footprint. It would certainly make it harder for the Trump administration to implement its policy of ratcheting up what it calls ‘maximum pressure’ on Iran.”

The board even argues that the “reversing course” in Syria undercuts “American interests.”

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Obama is gone now. If those goat fuckers start shit again, we can send them straight to hell right up front instead of sitting around apologizing for America while they grow strength. Don't forget that, with a good commander in chief, we can let out the dogs of war and let them eat. It doesn't require an eternal occupation and those cave dwellers can be knocked out of existence easy if our ROE doesn't fuck it up.

Also, for all those bitching about Trump being an idiot and can't manage a war...let's drop the bullshit. Way too many years were spent screwing around and too many of our warriors died because of the insane ROE from previous admins. Everyone that was in the hotzone came back and said the same things about the ROE was getting our guys killed and not doing anything. Countless stories of tracking the bad guys, having them sighted in, having to ask permission to take them out, and getting denied only to then watch the bad guys walk away. :mad: Just google the shit if you don't believe me, plenty of people talked about it. Then along comes Orange Man Bad who lets our warriors do their thing, and what happened next? That's right, they cleaned up that retard fight quickly. So stop your bullshit about Trump not knowing what he's doing when he is the one that finished the job by not worrying about hurting feelers. Obama was too busy sending pallets of cash to fucking Iran, and prepping for his Time magazine cover shoots to be a leader. Don't forget about ending the Korean war too...Trump did that.

Now Trump wants to bring our boys back. He campaigned on it. Everyone used to agree on it but now a bunch of TDS idiots are crying like bitches and the rest of us don't even care about your crocodile tears because we should not shed any more blood for other people's problems.

Merry Christmas!
    :beer: <------holy cow the beer is back! :D

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Potts N Pans likes this.
  7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

The Gray Lady is no longer even fit to line birdcages or use as fishwrap.

Its journalistic integrity is completely gone now and they don't even bother to feign it anymore.

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

blkduc likes this.
  9. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

Mexico will pay for the wall.
    Done.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

One thing that we must recognize is that we cannot stand alone in the world. As much as most of us dislike NATO, and how satisfying it would be to offer a big fuck you as we exit NATO, we simply cannot sever ties with those countries that are members of NATO and allies of ours. Mattis is a damn smart military mind that has simply given up trying to talk any sense into Trump's head. Trump knows it all and if you don't believe me, just ask him. Losing Mattis' wisdom is a serious setback to our foreign policy. Yes, he's old school, right wing and hawkish, but he's watched a hell of a lot of military history flow by during his career and damn sure knows how things work in the real world.

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Lots of guesswork in that post Orv.

12. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

When did Trump say we are going to exit NATO? He simply said carry your weight. Same with UN.

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There are lots of good generals in the military.

14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Obama added 11 trillion dollars to the national debt. How about finding where the fuck that went (besides Iran) and get back to me.
    You do realize Trumps wall funding request is 5 billion dollars in an annual spending allocation of over 4 TRILLION right? The government loses track of more money than his wall will cost, notwithstanding the amount of money that will be saved by it's deterring illegal border crossings. Do some fucking homework will ya?
    He's fulfilling a campaign promise he was voted into office to do. You may feel his wall isn't important. I can assure you half the country and every single one of the people that filled arenas during the campaign disagree with you. Speaking of which, how are Hillary and Bill's tickets selling for their "tour"?
    Build the wall. He was elected to do it. The one and only reason it's not getting done is Chuck Schumer can not give him a win of any kind. It's politics over the American will. The portion of governement that is currently, as of midnight last night, shuttered can't stay so as far as I'm concerned.

blkduc likes this.
  15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

My son's girlfriend and Mexican immigrant parents (legal) agree with the wall. Don't know how we got on this from Mattis though.

16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Thread creep. It's the beeb. It happens...often.
    Of course her LEGAL immigrant family hates this and agree with the wall. They took the time and effort to come here correctly. Why should they support others doing so illegally? Trump isn't against immigration. He's steadfastly against ILLEGAL immigration and so are his supporters.
    Build the wall. I'm fairly certain it will work to deter illegals. At worst, it was a waste of 5 billion. This country has wasted far more on less odds. Build it. He was elected to do so.

Clay likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Politicking - deferring a relevant matter until it is no longer a relevant matter. :D