1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump is a Winning Machine

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by blkduc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Have you forgotten that Russia got their ass kicked in Afghanistan before we did?
    They were smart enough to go home.

Orvis likes this.
  2. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

So when is a good time to get out? When is the mission accomplished? What mission are we trying to accomplish anyway beyond endless occupation?

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Sorry for the long delay in responding. I've been really busy lately.
    Yes, I'm serious. When people with Trump's attitude leaves leadership positions, we will begin the process of become less divisive. Trump's method of operation seems to be to keep everyone, and everything, stirred up as much as possible. I cannot see any real advantage to this approach but, in any case, that's where we are with Trump.
    Who knows, we may never get away from the caustic divisiveness of today but we sure would be better off if we could. It's inevitable that the Democrats will be back in power at some point in the future so we'll just have to deal with it when it happens. In my opinion, Trump is hastening the return of the Democrats reign of power. He's just too caustic for most people's taste and those people are growing tired of his presence. I am one of them. I voted for the sob but it sure as hell was a choice that was thrust upon us because of who the opposition was. Trump is still better than Hillary. Alfred E. Newman would be a better choice than her.

4. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

You seem to assume Trump brought about the divisiveness. That’s where it all falls apart.

R Acree likes this.
  5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

You bring up good points. It's really easy to thump our chests and talk about "civil war" but I can guarantee that it's going to be a hell of a lot worst in this country before that kind of thing actually happens. If, or when, the Federal Government starts controlling the people by force of death is when enough of the citizens will be backed into a corner and start to become alarmed enough to stand up and fight. Survival will demand nothing less. It will be frigging chaos but it will, if ever, be coming a long time into the future.

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

No, I did not say that Trump is who caused the divisiveness. It's been coming on since about the Clinton era. In my way of thinking, it started becoming an issue about the time social media was invented. Progress has a way of jumping up and biting the hell out of us doesn't it? It started out small when people found a way to raise hell, threaten others, and "get involved" without having to physically face their hated opponents. Now more people are becoming emboldened enough to actually physically attack anyone that they find offensive. It's going to get worst before it starts turning around. All one has to do is study human nature a little throughout our history. Hell, even the little fat militant feminist girl is willing to get right in your face now over things that she isn't even connected to. There's a hand-basket headed toward hell and we're all riding in it. :(

7. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

couldn't agree more...the difference is he doesn't roll over, like several before him have. the difference is that the MSM feels its their job to attack him non-stop vs previous pres. yes, if he would do more politicking, it would seem less divisive, but at the end of the day, to truly be less divisive, you have to sell your soul. we live in interesting times.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, it's kind of like grabbing that proverbial tiger by the tail. Once you get involved it's kind of detrimental to your health to turn loose. If we stay in the middle east forever we will never solve anything. Those people have been at war with each other since the beginning of time itself. At this point, is there a good time to make for the exit? Probably not. Maybe Trump is doing it as well as anyone else. He has ordered our troops out of Syria so we'll see what happens I guess. :eek:

9. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'd be perfectly fine with Trump "firing back" if he did it with tact. Just post simple facts. Be Ben Shapiro. I'm still happy about a lot of what he's done, but damn do I wish the man tone down the rhetoric a bit.

10. turtlecreek

That's called "news" and we don't do that anymore .

Spang308 likes this.
  11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I like Ben, but I find him far more irritating than Trump. I wish Trump were more "eloquent", but he's not. I'm fine with that. I'll take his effectiveness and genuine caring about the nation over my feels or how his speeches warm me up. I got a girlfriend to make a tingle up my leg. Don't need Obama to trigger my tingle...no what I mean there Chris Matthews?

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Journalism is completely dead and has been since the anointed one took office.

BHP41 and speeddaddy like this.
  13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I know you didn’t say it. But your assertion that Trump being impeached would somehow bring about the next enlightenment implies that he’s the problem. Impeach him, and suddenly we all become friends. You’re right, that it’s going to get worse before it better, but Trump’s impeachment over anything less than outright treason ... I don’t see that ending well for all the reasons I stated in my original response.

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And we are one of the only countries to go in and get shot at with weapons we handed them...

15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

By people we are training and assisting...SFAB

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

17. turtlecreek

18. In Your Corner

We can't afford a wall on our border but evidently, we can afford to provide security for half of the ME for the rest of time.

19. In Your Corner

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Reason number 743 why dumbass liberals should not be writing firearms legislation.

If you don't understand their basic function, how the fuck can you intelligently legislate them?

[​IMG]

XFBO and Fencer like this.