1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How I Ride: Jorge Lorenzo

Discussion in 'General' started by Lawn Dart, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

dieterly likes this.
  2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Reverse cowgirl?

bacolmm and Scotty87 like this.
  3. Lawn Dart

Well, he did get screwed at Ducati.

Also, he doesn't do it fundamentally different from Rossi. Rossi just does it with his leg hanging out and a smile on his face after he's picked something out of his ass.

[​IMG]

4. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Love that dude!! JL #1 bitches!!

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Thanks! Dig these sort of articles.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

Why does he sound so douchey:
    "
    How did you change your corner-entry technique at Mugello, where you won your first race with Ducati?

That was more about helping the front tyre to survive. It wasn’t so much a matter of speed, it was just a question of making the tyre survive.

How did you do that?

You’ll have to look at my telemetry; which will be difficult for you!

But basically, you were more gentle with the front tyre?

Yes."

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Motorsport mag has a great youtube channel as well. Freddie Spencer has been providing rider insight all season on the podcast.

8. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Apparently you missed this one:
    lorenzo.jpg

2OLD2BFAST and BigBird like this.
  9. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Because your biased? :Poke: :D

Jorge cracks a joke and you get out of shape.

I wonder if a factory has ever allowed anyone from the outside to view telemetry?

track wagon and Lawn Dart like this.
  10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'd say Ducati got the shorter end of the stick. It's not like getting fired from Arby's cause you took too long to figure out how to make the curly fries.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

You're an LDS sufferer?.... You know L DS

<Runs away>

12. Lawn Dart

Did they? To go with your analogy, if the fry cook kept telling the company "hey man, your fry machine isn't working correctly - it doesn't get hot enough to fully cook the fries" and they ignored him (maybe even blaming him for the fries being underdone), and then finally fixed it, so fries started selling like crazy, but fry guy had already found another job - how is that them getting the short end of the stick?

I get that they gave him a lot of money to perform, but to perform, he needed the right tool for the job. He clearly has the skill, as evidenced by his more recent results. I think their expectations were out of line with their commitment.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The guy cooking the fries can be replaced with just about anybody. :D

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Dovi made lots of good fries.

15. Lawn Dart

Just not "championship winning" fries. :D

16. Tristan

You're right that much of the situation was Ducati's fault, but that doesn't change the fact that they were bigger losers in the end. Your boy got a truckload of money, and looked good enough at the end of his time there to land an even better job.

17. Tristan

He never had a chance... curly fries can never compete with potato cakes.

YamahaRick likes this.
  18. Lawn Dart

Its hard to feel sorry for them when it was mostly self-inflicted. When you've had multiple world champions tell you your bike needs work, you should probably listen. You'd have thought they'd learned after losing Rossi without results to show for it.

19. Lawn Dart

I'm a waffle fry fan, myself. I hate Arby's fries. They're the Suzuki of fries - they look good, and sound like they have potential, but they just never quite get there. Must be the guys they have cooking them. :D

20. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

:stupid:

Part of the blame is how early the silly season starts now. Ducati decided to go in a different direction (I think) 2 weeks before Lorenzo brought home his maiden Ducati victory in Italy. Another decision I am sure they are regretting. They are lucky Dovi is getting along with the bike, otherwise they would be severely screwed.