Barber- Last race crash

Discussion in 'General' started by Duc748SPS, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

not sure who it was but the expert that crashed coming on to the straight that red flagged and ended the race......

hope you are ok it looked really really bad.....if you want i have it on video tape and i can email it to you....

2. xMETALx

xMETALx Member

that was my roommate ben thompson....he is doing ok overall...currently having surgery on his finger. please send the video to [email protected] he sure would appriciate any help.
    thanks
    WEST-E

3. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

4. Doublrs

Doublrs Blingracer #2

get the bike running greenie?

5. crystalkd

crystalkd Member

I was standing behind pit wall and it looked pretty bad. I'm glad it was only a finger. I hope he feels better soon.

6. xMETALx

xMETALx Member

7. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

cool i will try to get it to you tonight...glad to hear he is ok

8. Ed Bargy

Ed Bargy Well-Known Member

I would like to see the video, from an officials' point of view. I was behind the wall and heard it but didn't see it. It Sounded really bad.

Hope he heals 100% quickly :beer:

9. GAMEDIC

GAMEDIC Really Now?

hope he is feeling better i was in T6 taking pics me and the cornerworker there got to him as son as it happend and the finger didn't look good but at least he woke up and was not hurt too bad

10. xMETALx

xMETALx Member

cool thanks a lot.

11. xMETALx

xMETALx Member

he is having the main surgery on his finger tomorrow...he should still have 100% feeling and useability after everything heals up...today he was putting his bike back together one handed...needless to say he's ready to get back on the bike asap.

12. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

Here is a link to the video.

A little shaky from the other side of the tower....

VID

13. branthopolis

branthopolis -------------------------

Hard to tell from the video, but looks like he nearly rearended the guy in front of him and locked the front end up...

Glad to hear he's OK.. That could have been a lot worse..

14. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

I watched it in slow mo(frame by frame) on a better system and what appears to happen is as he is comming out of the corrner, he starts to loose the rear end(it starts to swing to the inside, away from the wall)....more than likely stays on the gas and then as it is coming back straight, hooks up and tosses him....really an odd highside

15. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

THAt's what I see too at normal speed. If you play a pause it he wasn't close to the guy in front.