1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official 2019 MotoAmerica silly season thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 24, 2018.

1. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

ya, not rly. that was just 2 guys occasionally passing for the lead - and not even on the final lap. no one had any good saves. no one crashed. the winner didnt come from far back. the top 2 were so uninteresting that the camera shows the uninteresting train for 3rd for a number of laps. nothing really unexpected happened.

u mostly just proved my point. thats a good race for a fanatic, someone that knows of Nicky/Gobert and that knows how hard it is to pass at Sonoma, etc etc. without all that knowledge and without some nostalgia, its mediocre race for a casual or new fan. if thats the kind of race that we hope MA/WSBK/GP to have, this sport is screwed.

Steeltoe likes this.
  2. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

And Nicky was on a Twin! Hmmmmm. :clap:

r6boater likes this.
  3. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I’ll take that action for a Hundred to the AFF...
    :D

The 2mil over will help even the playing feild a liytle bit, we still have a litte room to improve by boring throttle bodies, 2mil over, lighter shit inside the cases, bigger sticks and can realistically drop another 10-15 pounds off the bike and reamin legal. Rider has already dropped 20lb from what he weighed at the last round...
    If I have my way about it everyone else will be racing for second!! Unless Bobby Robby shows up then they will be racing for third. :crackup:

We are seriously pondering running Supersport also this year also, Focus will still be on the Twins Championship but that may be a valuable tool...

4. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Why don't MotoAmerica, Flat Track, and Supercross all advertise for each other, especially on social media, when each has a big season opener or event?

Newyork and badmoon692008 like this.
  5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Why doesn’t ford Chevy and dodge advertise each other when a new model comes out?

Is this a serious question?

6. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

Because you can be a fan that watches all 3, and someone who watches supercross is a lot more likely to become a fan of MotoAmerica than someone who doesn't watch any motorsports at all

There would be mutual benefit in a cross pollination.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Considering none of those series are exactly doing splendid it would make sense.

All of them also have the same manufacturers involved sooo....

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

One giant motorcycle racing utopia with drum circles, ultimate frisbee, grateful dead holograms belting out the classics and gladiators fighting to the death!!!

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Bring back the combined grand national championship.....

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Thats Vintage Fest at Barber...LOL

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Apparently @Steeltoe is planning on being there in his loin cloth. You guys enjoy!

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Robby McBobby was there this year and he even made a video about it!

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I know. Funny how you never showed any interest in going until that video was released.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That did it

upload_2018-12-17_11-35-13.jpeg

Ducti89 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

[​IMG]

Here's one of his other maps.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People have been saying the same thing since I got into racing....

lonewrench likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They have increased their viewership for sure, they however are still not seeing huge numbers. But mainly as much as Robby hates it - they have a product you can see from one seat...

lonewrench likes this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Old parents.

20. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Doesn't that statement reinforce the idea you're the problem ? :D