1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SoCal / Vegas, Ducati / MV engine builder, tuning?

Discussion in 'General' started by ducatista01, Dec 14, 2018.

1. ducatista01

ducatista01 Active Member

Just moved to Vegas. Need to get my 848 evo race bike refreshed and tuned... Any shops you recommend?

Also have an MV F4 I'd like to get dyno tuned with microtec. Seems all the SoCal shops can't dyno and I haven't heard good things about the Vegas MV shop Euro Cycle.

I thought moving to the SoCal area there would be tons of shops for Ducati / MV. Seems like the midwest is better. Strange...

2. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

3. FourThreeSix

FourThreeSix Well-Known Member

Jett Tuning in Camarillo can assist.

Or Attack Performance in Huntington Beach. Jozef has done some dyno work for me in the past with killer results.

track wagon likes this.
  4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Get in touch with Jeff Stern, he is in Vegas. I am sure he can help you or point you in right direction.

5. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

If you are in Vegas, Jeff Stern is a solid choice.

Wingnut likes this.
  6. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

(Less cryptic) Contact the gentleman on the other end of the phone at Fastline Performance in Vegas. That’ll be the Jeff dude...

7. ducatista01

Spoke to Jeff for over an hour last week. Seems like an awesome dude... Anyway, he wanted nothing to do with a Ducati or MV. In fact... Told me to dump them and by a bike that isn't a piece of crap. He doesn't sugar coat his opinion. haha. Probably why I liked him even though I don't share his thoughts on Ducati / MV.

He mentioned Irish Mikes Performance but the number for him is disconnected. Maybe he's still around but I stopped my search there and posted here to see where the Ducati guys are going. I may end up shipping the bike to Boulder Motorsports but would be nice to find someone I can drive to in less than 5 hours.

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

That's what you deserve after going ahead and start dating a hot Italian redhead, even though everyone knows they are really high maintenance. Not many can deal with the (at times) out of control emotions.

9. Or just try that :).

10. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

What this guy said.

11. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Dale at racers edge. He is in Vegas.

5axis likes this.
  12. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

If you are willing to drive Wild for the Machine is good. He doesnt have a dyno but has close connections to people that do.

Or next level cycles in Lakeside. AMA Mech for years. Has dyno as well.

13. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Just south of DI and a little east of the strip.

track wagon likes this.
  14. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Sorry west of the strip.

15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I know it's kind of far but Boulder Motorsports would be my choice. Call Brian Sharp, he is a great guy and extremely knowledgeable.

16. ducatista01

Looks like a have a few options to try. Thanks to all that replied, really appreciate the knowledge on here.

Yes Gino... For the 848 thinking its best to just ship the thing to boulder and know its done right. Been running italian bikes for over 10 years on the track and I have learned most (not all) guys that do jap stuff and Ducati usually cost me more money and pain in the long run. I have yet to find a good Ducati mechanic that also plays with jap stuff. I am sure they exist somewhere but it's been nothing but bad experiences with those type of guys for me in the past. Even so called "big name" guys.

17. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

Irish Mike is based out of Major Powersports (702) 798-1024. He is for sure the guy to talk to about Ducati and MV.

18. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Opposite coast but Dave Weaver does both, and very well.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They do exist but you're right, they're rare. Vic Fasola is the only one I can think of off the top of my head. However no clue where he is these days.

20. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

If you are gonna ship a bike, just ship it to Sebastain at Mellimoto in florida.