1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Txt Tax

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by kangasj, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Ha shit, if that many jobs come in, I might be one of those apple douches

2. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Not quite all the Politicheads- There are some logical conservatives left- a very few these days.

I'll be willing to bet that in my lifetime, (wish it could be shorter kinda), they will develop a simple device to measure a hymans CO2 output ,and put a tax on it? Soon they will be measuring the methane produced my livestock flatus and taxing that!

Isn't that the 'Merican way? And in our current state of voting, it's only going to get worse,
    I'm actually scared of the future- in the hands of DemonCraps.

3. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

You like to go out for a run to stay healthy? You breath heavier and more frequently doing that...CO2 tax!

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

But you are one of the douches that are already clogging up the airport and roads so you get a pass.:D

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The short answer is very likely yes. If you are lucky, you will get a % off the bill after you fill out a big ugly form and provide proof.

Our "home owners association" is basically put into place in order to service the storm water run-off system they made the builder put in for the 5 houses that belong to our HOA. One home from the 1950's and 4 subdivided lot homes built 2010 through 2013. All of our downspouts a bunch of massive sewer drains all feed it from our properties. It consists of the drains, all the pipes feeding it, a big settlement tank and a long twisty porous pipe that eventually winds up in the storm water system. We have to pay to inspect it annually, maintain it (fix cracks in pipes, etc.) and have the sludge pumped out periodically. Our HOA does nothing else, as the city's codes keep everything else in check. We still have to pay the full runoff tax on our homes and driveways. Businesses with fixtures like ours can get up to 50% off their storm water tax, but they don't have anything like that for homes or HOAs. Why? Because there are not enough of us for the City Council to care about and we don't have a lobby like the businesses. At most 2% of the homes in Alexandria City have something like this so the City Council can just not care about us.

As soon as my wife retires we are moving out of this high tax area.

tawzx12r likes this.
  6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

So you’re saying you guys created Los Angeles in the Rockies? One is enough dude.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

They're close to doing the same in Austin and they're working on DFW.

Within 10 years Texas will no longer be the home I know & love.

The missus and I are pondering either a move to podunk east TX or just jumping ship entirely to Ecuador.

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I can only take partial blame for the last 17 months but yeah, it’s LA but with unattractive women and more 4x4’s.

9. SGVRider

Was thinking about moving to Colorado one day when I escape Los Angeles. Guess I’ll cross Boulder off the list. Denver burbs still seem good though.

10. SGVRider

Just go to Ecuador and live like a king dude.

auminer likes this.
  11. duggram

duggram Sunrise Bahia de LA

A few years ago I heard from some ADV riders that there is nowhere on the front range (Denver, burbs, Fort Collins, CO Springs, etc) that is good to live. Way too many folks want to live there. I was up there this summer for a few days and I have to agree, just too much development around there.

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

13. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I'll make sure there is room in Center 15 for you.

15. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

What about your camper?