1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gen5 Kawasaki ZX10R KIT Cams question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by APO2112, Dec 12, 2018.

1. APO2112

APO2112 Well-Known Member

2. CBR723

CBR723 Well-Known Member

For the kit there maybe not but if you look at individual cams the exhaust is over 1mm more lift and says to use diff springs. There is more than one option so make sure what you want.

APO2112 likes this.
  3. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

The cam you linked to uses stock springs. The RR kit cams are the ones that need different springs.

APO2112 likes this.
  4. APO2112

Ok that makes sense, so my next question is can you use RR kit cams/springs in the standard ZX10R? I understand that the RR has some different architecture in the structure of the block and head.

5. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

Yes but you have to cut the head a little bit to clear the cams. On the ones I have done I also had the shim buckets DLC coated.

APO2112 likes this.
  6. APO2112

Ok that clears this up perfectly. Thank you for the insight. My next thought is wondering if the standard upgraded cams are worth it? I’m going to run SBK next year and will have the head off to run the thin headgasket. Might as well do those cams I guess?

7. Gumby647

Gumby647 Señor Member

It's just intake cam for the 2016 bike. I don't think there are any big gains from it but it is so cheap there is no reasonnot to do it while you are in there.