1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Democrats won the House with the largest midterms margin of all time

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by saintlaurent, Dec 2, 2018.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Racist!!!!!!!!

2. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Pretty much as I figured this would go. Nothing to see here move on.

3. Handicapped Racer

LMAO

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Seems simple.

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

How does that work for absentee ballots?

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well by golly, there's a loophole. Toss the entire friggin system.

crashman likes this.
  7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Mail in ballots was about 69 % in Calif for the recent elections. Oregon, Washington and Colorado are 100% mail in ballot, in 2016 16 states had more than 50% of their ballots cast by mail.

8. Handicapped Racer

9. Handicapped Racer

Shit you had people In Fl vote Via Fax and Email lol

10. Handicapped Racer

Just appears to be fake outrage on the issue. it comes off like it's an issue when it's not your guy but it's ok when it is.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have stayed out of this crap for precisely this reason. I'm not OK with voter fraud...period. YMMV. I see a lot of bitching, but not a lot of solutions.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'm OK with moving Columbus day to the 1st Tuesday of November and making it a public holiday. Go to the polls and vote (with your ID), or not....your choice. After you vote, dip your finger in a bottle of semi permanent ink (ala Iran!!!) so you don't get to vote again. Oh, there's many ways to improve the system......Mail in voting has been around for a long time but it should be tightly controlled, not the universal alternative...Oh, forget about e-mail voting, it's way to easy to propagate fraud.

13. 600 dbl are

IMO mail in ballots should be reserved for deployed soldiers only. Voting day should be a national holiday IMO.

14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Voting day is a national holiday in Peru. Voting is also mandatory unless you can show proof from your employer that you are out of the country on business on that day, so everyone votes.

15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

What about people in the hospital, people in rest homes, people who have overseas business trips, people who know they will be on vacation in another state or country ect ect?

16. 600 dbl are

Tough shit?

This is about curbing voter fraud. Planned your vacation around voting time? Your fault. In a rest home? There are busing services. In the hospital? Life sucks buy a helmet. Overseas business trip? Too bad.

cav115 likes this.
  17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You make it sound like 100% of the population votes... They don't. 50% turn out in the midterms and it was the highest since WW1

18. 600 dbl are

:stupid:

And also this.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Georgia has early voting starting weeks before the election. If you have 3 or 4 weeks, it shouldn't be a hardship to show up. As for the people in hospitals, how many would actually be there for several weeks that were not comatose? Rest homes, same thing. Send someone to the rest homes to observe those capable of voting cast a ballot. Mail in ballots from those locations are a serious opportunity for fraud.

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Well it obviously makes fraud easier which seems to be the intent. Absentee used to be the exception, it's becoming the norm.

Bottom line is, the system has massive holes that allow for fraud, it needs to be fixed. There are no sides as suggested by the Handicapped rocket scientist above, fraud is criminal and right now it's too easy to commit.