1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS: 1986 Honda VF500F Interceptor - Cary NC - $1000 OBO

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by BlueR32, Nov 30, 2018.

1. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    My latest "resurrection" project is going up for sale. I've decided I don't want to do anything beyond getting her up & running at this point. Besides, I need to make some room .

I bought her as a non-running "barn find" but after some TLC she now starts right up and idles beautifully. The V4 motor sounds lovely and very smooth. No weird mechanical noises. Compression is well up near the top end of the factory specs. Valve clearance checked and spot on spec. I had some fueling issues to begin with which I believe are largely sorted but could probably do with some further carb tuning and/or a major spanking.

She's a 1986 model, totally stock and nothing appears to be missing. She does have a healthy patina for a 32 year old. Bodywork is intact but colors have faded. Seat has a few minor rips in it. Paint on the gas tank has a few small blisters but no major dings or dents.

Ideal for restoration, project bike or even track bike! Imagine screaming around NC Bike or VIR on a 500 V4:) If you read any of the reviews from back in the day she was a class act for handling and performance.

I replaced the following parts:
    • New spark plugs
    • Oil change & new filter
    • New air filter
    • Replaced clutch slave cylinder and rear brake master cylinder (old ones were stuck solid)
    Aside from further restoration/deep cleaning here's what she needs to make her street/track-worthy:
    • Gas tank needs de-rusting and possibly coating (I have a POR-15 kit I can throw in the deal)
    • New tires
    Title is a clear VA title and has been signed by previous owner. I have not got around to titling in NC but you won't have any issue as VA titles do not need to be notarized.

Attached Files:

ToofPic likes this.
  2. BlueR32

BlueR32 Well-Known Member