1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I bought the wife an elliptical....

Discussion in 'General' started by Spitz, Dec 7, 2018.

1. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

I have one in my garage, same story as you guys. The ex just had to have it. She probably used it 10 times in 5 years, it quickly became a towel drying rack. It's a professional gym quality one, if anyone in SOCAL wants it you can have it free just come get it.

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

We have one downstairs and we actually used it a lot.... until the stupid control panel started resetting every time the resistance increased! The stupid panel costs more than we paid for the thing.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I have a home gym, still in the 7 boxes it came in.
    The two long boxes are in the laundry room up against the oil tank and every time
    I walk in there they point at me and laugh.

4. mcarter

mcarter Well-Known Member

I love my Walmart elliptical! I use the hell out of it. At least I did until my wife stacked all our Christmas amazon boxes all over it. I guess I get a couple weeks off

Gino230 likes this.
  5. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I clicked on this thread, expecting to find that the OP was now living in the garage, and moving over to the divorce thread.

Isn't buying your spouse/significant other exercise equipment grounds for a huge fight? It was at my house. :crackup:

5axis likes this.
  6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

My buddy asked me to help him move a treadmill downstairs for him a few years ago. Says he has to pick it up from the store as he’s buying it for his wife for Christmas. I implored him to reconsider. I said hell, just buy it a week after Christmas and say that he wanted it. He swore up and down that this is what she wanted.

Against my better judgement, I helped him get it home and set it up in the basement. He gave it to her on Christmas morning... she started balling in front of the kids, sitting around the tree, the whole deal. I tried to tell his dumb ass.

They’re staring down the barrel of a divorce now. Granted this was like 5 years ago, but still.

beac83 likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

When that thing sees the light of day again (It won't) I want you to revive this post (You won't) lol!

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Ok who has a used peloton I can come pick up lol

Phl218 likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Friends of ours are HOOKED. They fight over who gets to ride next.

Now they signed into the waiting list for the 4 grand treadmill.

10. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

No no, she wanted it! She's not an exercise freak or anything but she likes to "get out" and walk. Hard to do in the winter sometimes so the treadmill does the job, she just tried an elliptical somewhere a few times and liked it a lot so here we be. Killer deal on classifieds if it goes south. One DOLLA!

12. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

Get yourself a yz250 and a nice track in the back yard and it’s the best workout ever.

jrsamples likes this.
  13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Or get the bike and move to UT and ride in the sand.

14. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Those are the things where you can race others over the interweb ? I'm visualizing a variable speed electric motor and pulleys and belt drive. I'll be on the couch with some cheezy poofs. ;)

Phl218 likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah. The chick even wanted to fly to a static cycling convention in NYC

16. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Ours is a helmet holder,helps dry it out after a ride,other ski pole can hold leathers,or air dry a comforter

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

18. Ty

Ty Well-Known Member

Seems like a good thread to ask if anyone has, or has used a RipRow? So far I've been successful in convincing myself I don't need one.