1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Parting or Know of Somebody Parting an Aprilia RS250?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Sweatypants, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

I'm in need of a few random ass obscure parts. I know there's dudes on the FB groups parting bikes, just figured I'd ask here as well.

Things like... one of the rear outer wheel spacers... upper shock mount bushings... bolts/nuts/washers for the linkage and dog bones and shock... radiator mounting bracket and hardware... tank mounting hardware and the rubber pieces...

Some of this stuff just isn't being made any more, and since I'm building up this bike from a raw frame with 98% aftermarket everything, I just happen to be missing a handful of really small and stupid stuff.

Let me know. Thanks.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'd jump on the AF1 Aprilia forum. The RS250 section has a good group of dudes in there.

3. Sweatypants

yea man i will. also that Taz dude from Italy is parting like 3 bikes and has been super cool so far on the FB groups. just figured i'd ask since i check this place daily. i put in a big ass order with Aprilia Superstore. of like 40 things... 8 are on backorder (est. 2-3 months) and 4 are just plain non-existent any more. weird stuff too. LH upper shock bushing is backordered, RH upper shock bushing is unavailable. a random gasket ring is unavailable. rear LH inner wheel spacer is unavailable, but the two outers are available (not even sure if i need the inner with my BSTs coming). one of the roller bearings for the steering stem is unavailable, one is in stock. so weird. radiator upper bracket back ordered.

basically i tried to order all the stuff from top to bottom on the steering stem (bearings, spacers, dust covers, ring nut, etc...), all the hardware to hold on the fairing support and radiator, all the hardware for the shock linkage and shock, and everything on the rear axle (i have a caliper bracket and axle but nothing in between). i might not even need everything i ordered, but i wanted it just in case. bunch of random crap, but its weird what they have and don't have, and what is backordered and straight up gone. doesn't really have any real logic as nothing is an elaborate or expensive part, pretty much just 120 or so little pieces that all added up to like $400.

4. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

What parts are you still looking for?

5. Sweatypants

i think i'm covered. i MIGHT still need these stupid rubber gaskets for the shock/linkage that i dunno if he has in worthwhile condition and haven't looked to see whether or not they were still in the linkage i bought which they very well might still be. AP8120838. other than that, i either found it all thru an Aprilia Superstore or AF1, or ebay UK, or this Italian dude Taz that's parting out a few bikes.

the worst of it was the upper shock bushings and the rubbers that go under the tank. 1 of the shock bushings isn't being made any more, but the other is? weird as shit. and the rubber stuff is non-existent. dude is pulling it off his crashed bike though for me. pretty much got everything else... headtube bearings and spacers off ebay, radiator bracket off ebay, tank bracket, chain guide... ebay. then a bunch of misc. bolts/nuts/washers/gasket rings/spacers... Aprilia Superstore seemed to have 80% of it in stock, back ordered another 10% of it. appreciate the help tho, some good peoples out there.

in retrospect, i probably should have just bought a complete bike and then sold everything off it. minus the hassle, could have probably paid for itself with not needing the engine, wheels, forks, brakes, fairings, tank, exhaust, etc... and all but oh well, i'm here now.

6. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Gimmie Mo likes this.
  7. Gimmie Mo

Gimmie Mo I screw things up daily..

You can also try Griff, at aprilia performance in Tamworth UK...

8. Evan_YYC

Evan_YYC New Member

Watch out Taz doesn't rip you on shipping if you buy anything. 50 EUR overcharge for 'shipping supplies' which was total junk cardboard and reused bubble wrap. Parts were decent buy Miyabee pricing seemed better. Then again if you just need a few items there is a dude with a pile of parts in the USA on the AF1 forum as well.

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Be careful of Miyabee’s stuff. A lot of bikes in Japan are heavily corroded.

10. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Every bike in Japan is corroded,,,, It's an Island..

11. Evan_YYC

Evan_YYC New Member

Fair comment. I've likely brought in 10 shipments from Japan off the broker sites and Miyabee. The Miyabee stuff has been very good and as expected. The brokered items were not as good and by the time domestic Japan shipping, their take then the overseas shipping Miyabee looked pretty darn affordable. Taz parts were decent but pricy and poor customer service.