1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BARNACLE BILL'S CONTACT INFO

Discussion in 'General' started by barnacle bill, Dec 6, 2018.

1. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

well my website is still up but it's mad and not talking to me anymore I guess( had a client point this out to me) . anyway the phone number and email address is still there and the facebook page is fine so call(barnacle bill's leather repair) , email or contact me through facebook. we are still working and doing fine. happy holidays to all. bill and darethea

barnacle bill's
    1106 logan road
    springfield, ky 40069
    859 336 7375
    [email protected]

joec, SpeedyE, BigBird and 1 other person like this.
  2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Whats the end of the year special on Leather Cleaning>> ??

3. barnacle bill

Well my prices have always been 20 to 30% less than my closest competitors but Alexa Spyderleathers and lizzyleathers are no longer around but I am still here and I try not to turn anyone away . I guess my best advice is to shop around. All the best b bill and darethea

SteveThompson and Phl218 like this.
  4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

It was more of a "Bump" than it was lookin for a deal...:)
    (I do have some really ugly leathers that need a good cleaning, they have been sitting around in a closet too long.)

SpeedyE and vfrket like this.
  5. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Do you do leather alterations (like measurement adjustments) as well?

6. barnacle bill

yes we do. give a call and discuss them when you're ready and I'll tell you how to mark them up for alteration.

7. barnacle bill

we clean a lot of suits. helps to get the dirt and sweat out of them. dirt and sweat makes a leather suit want to mold. it's a lot harder for mold and mildew to get a grip on a clean suit. leather likes to be clean and dry and in a place where the air can circulate . I see a lot of suits shelf life cut short from being poorly stored and with dirt and sweat left in them. b bill

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I'm talking UGLY...here, but they are coming back into style for Vintage Bike Riding...:)
    (They have only been worn a few times..if ever.)

[​IMG]

SpeedyE and Phl218 like this.
  9. barnacle bill

they are not that ugly. bb

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Yes they are.

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid: :crackup:

Metalhead, SpeedyE and Britt like this.
  12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

riTchie would rock those in a heartbeat woooo

Metalhead likes this.
  13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Didn’t Vanilla Ice make a rap video in that suit?

Britt and motoracer1100 like this.
  14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I have an ugly suit question, too. I still have my old pink and grey leathers that Lou made me back in the late 80's. They haven't been used since 1991, just hanging in the garage. The leather is really dried out and they are dirty from the last crashes and just hanging. I have no intention of ever using them again for racing but I think I want them to look better and be back in good shape so they could be used as a display. They would also need the last crash damage repaired and a bunch of small stuff. I guess the question is can old dried up leather that hasn't been cleaned or conditioned in 30 years be brought back to life?

SpeedyE and Britt like this.
  15. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Whats the charge for cleaning? How to ship?

16. barnacle bill

30 yrs old leathers? I dunno. I have a lou's suit that is older and it is still pretty good. if it's dry and stiff like cardboard I'd say no. you not going to wear that on eagain nor would I'd think you'd want to.

17. barnacle bill

we clean and condition and inspect and lubricate the zippers for 100.00 plus return shipping . bill and darethea

18. barnacle bill

on that ols Lou's suit I can probably make it suitable for a display if you want to spend the money on it?

19. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

I just bought a new A Stars suit this year and wasn’t really thinking about the zippers when I ordered. It has plastic zippers which I am not really excited about. My question is whether or not all plastic zippers are inferior to metal or are there some that are higher quality.

20. barnacle bill

I only use YKK brass zippers myself . I do change a lot of zippers out on new suits though and sometimes before they fail. it's your call. if you don't have confidence in the plastic ones change them out to brass. you can't ride to your full potential without confidence in your equipment. imo. b bill