1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Leather Suits

Discussion in 'General' started by Mille R, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Z are good as well as the Zooni stuff already mentioned. Usually the ones people bitch about being heavy will last longer :D

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't think Adolf is doing suits anymore.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Pilot is OK, A-stars a little better (I have the Atem)...next I think I'll go for the RS Tiachi. As with most things a good proper fit is the key.

4. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

My Pilot suit has nice heavy metal zippers.

Sturdy leather that's been tested a number of times and held up fine. They sent a "fit suit" so you could try it on before getting the final one in your own color scheme. On mine they did a semi-custom fit of adding an inch to the torso without adding to the price (you can get a total custom one also, quite a bit more expensive of course).

It was good enough for Josh Hayes...

5. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Syed. Tough as nails. Yeah they're heavy, but man are they durable. I can't tell you how many times my brother tossed himself down the road in his Syed and that thing held up great.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I put 9 crashes on my Syed suit in 4 months and 13 on it in total.......I still have it hanging around somewhere!

:D

7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

8. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

9. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I looked into them, nice suit and interesting air bag vest system if you want to go that way.

You either purchase the "crash detector" unit for the air bag or you rent it by the month.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Higher end Fieldsheers!?!? That's like a man friendly lesbian, an intelligent metalhead post or a good grindcore song. :D

Explodesheers hit the market like a Tyson right hook but mine were more duct tape than moo after the first low side. They did look cool though. :crackup: My ass did not.

TurboBlew and vizsladog like this.
  11. John Branch

John Branch 90125

You might want to slow down? And get some coaching!?:Poke: Just saying that’s a little tooooo much crashing :rolleyes:

Captain Morgan and JBall like this.
  12. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Another vote for RS Taichi, their gloves are fantastic also. Six crashes in mine before it was cut off. Got the butt repaired once from a crash coming into the front straight at RRR when the front let go. Slid FOREVER and not a scratch on me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

13. mram0256

mram0256 Member

Any opinions/experience with RST?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you should really try some different ones on to get an idear. Just the proper fit of a suit makes a HUGE difference.
    There are differences.

15. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Another vote for Z Custom. They last for a long time and many crashes, and they fit quite well, since they are custom.

16. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

I had the RST CPX Pro (I think that's what it's called) and it protected me well through 4 crashes without any repairs. It fit pretty well but not great.

I "upgraded" to a new Alpinestars GP Tech (airbag compatible but not installed). The fit and finish of the Alpinestars was much better than the RST but the durability was not even close. I had a relatively low speed crash at Jennings and ended up with a hole in the suit.

Anyone have any experience with Furygan? They seemed to work pretty well for Debise and Zarco this year.

mram0256 likes this.
  17. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I have one as a back-up. Its 2 sizes too large but i dont care.

Im on an RS tiachi, upper end model. So far it flows air much better than the Dianese and Spidi suits I had before.

That being said, the off I had in the Dianese youd never know it; i had mostly head trauma.

The Spidi had two low sides from a mini endurance race.

All 3 are quality with the RS taichi taking the win for fit and finish.

18. phsiao771

phsiao771 Member

Z is still in business, Adolf is working out of his house in Huntington Beach. Just picked up a new suit from them a week ago.

19. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Ya but not easy to find...
    FC-Moto has some but they don't seem to be recent models.
    And not too many Roo's available.

20. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

RS Taichi….may not be the lightest, but dang was mine stout! Lost count of how many crashes I had with it, and never once a suit failure!